***Weekend "Red eye" Special!***

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I've been putting off cooking Chuck roast and it seems like alot of folks did chuckies this weekend, heres my take!

16lb Chuck Roast from Costco Business, $1.99lb, I cut it in three hunks

100_2293.jpg

Seasoned with Spicewines Heffer Dust and Turbinado and into Redrum, top grate with a couple Yardbirds- Chuckie and the Chicks!

100_2295.jpg

Pulled at 195-200* It felt like brisket the internals were all over the place. Foiled and into the coolerbox.

100_2297.jpg

It shredded up very nice-not much fat and has that great Drum flavor. Kingsford with Cherry

Sunday I fired up Redrum and used my new $.99 roast/rib rack on the top grate and small charcoal ring with RO lump and Pear on some BB's with Sloppy's rub.

100_2298.jpg

Turned and spritzed with Apple juice then laid them on the top of the rack. Usually I foil, but these went all the way in the 38" drum.

100_2304.jpg

Then fired up the Performer with RO and Apple and spun a couple Chickens

100_2299.jpg

100_2303.jpg

100_2302.jpg

Leftovers! It's what's for dinner!

Now that is SWEET!! Great photos, now I got go on a chicken run!

Man you cook more food than Jacob. :biggrin: Each set up looks like you know what you doing. Where did you get the racks for $.99?

Great job! The Weber isn't the only Performer at your house!

Nice job swamp! Love the Redrum and the red kettles. Those chickens look mighty tasty!!

Sunday I fired up Redrum and used my new $.99 roast/rib rack ...Yeah...where DID you get the .99 cent rack?

Back