Thread: Samples
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #7
tonto1117
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
A lot of contests don't allow samples either because they have vendors or the Dept of Health gets involved. There could be a liability issue for the contest if somebody gets sick.

How to keep people away - all good ideas so far and until I had the trailer I did many of them. But some idiot will still try to walk around tables and come up when you're cutting ribs and start to reach for one. As the knife comes up off the table and heads towards their hand and I say don't touch that it usually stops them. Especially if it's a big knife. I did hear of a person getting a rib from one team right in the middle of the slab. They dropped it but it couldn't be turned in. After all you don't know what's on their hands and it could significantly change the taste. And you thought I was concerned about disease and judges.

When Carol competed with me she was rather vocal if anybody got anywhere near me during turn-in. Usually worked.
We always send them your way Ford, and tell em' "we heard that guy is giving out free samples"......only busting on ya...

Geer Pit by Jambo
FEC-100
WSM
WEBER GENISES GAS GRILL

CBJ

Bacon & eggs - Hens are involved but pigs are commited.
tonto1117 is offline   Reply With Quote