Sams schedule release date changed

Fat Freddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have been waiting to see where and when Sams dates are. Up to today they have had posted on KCBS website release date Dec 19th. So I went to check for any dates and now on the KCBS site it says release date rescheduled to Friday Dec. 28th

From the KCBS home page

Due to permitting and licensing approvals and the holiday schedule, the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour schedule release date has been moved to Friday, Dec. 28.

This is a complicated proceedure, to setup a National Tour and get all of the butts lined up...

I don't think Troy would mind if I shared this story, but it has to be said...

2012 in Thornton, Colorado, Troy was approached by Thornton city people and almost demanded to get into a city vehicle to drive to the town hall... He had to answer to city officials and department heads about permitting... he was detained for over two hours... All were satisfied and the Sam's Club completed

This is a job I would not want or be appreciated to direct...

I just hope they do it soon. A lot of teams here in fl already have FBA contests booked in jan and feb.

I don't think that anyone is questioning what is involved.

There is an issue though with KCBS stating a date that they can't keep. If you pick a date yourself that you can't keep, then what should everyone think?

They've been through this twice already and should know what's involved.

Why did they chose Dec 19th as the date to announce? Why not give themselves a real comfortable cushion and then break the news early if they wanted to?

They certainly could have chosen the annual meeing for announcing it and had someone from Sam's there.

Why wait to the morning of, to announce that the release date is postponed? They didn't know yesterday? Or even last week?

I'm pretty sure this event is organized and run by mma and SAMs not the kcbs. My checks came from mma. Now there could be better communications between the organizers and kcbs.

Back