1st double brisket smoke

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
On Saturday I smoked two packer briskets (about 8.5 lbs each after trimming) in our Big Green Egg. One was for my family and the other was a thank you for my neighbor for giving me a Kamado (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94955).

Over 17 lbs of meat in my Egg at one time (a new record for me):

IMG_6609.jpg

I separated the point from the flat:

IMG_6612.jpg

Sliced the point across one way and like how it looked so I took a pic:

IMG_6615.jpg

I finished cubing it, added some rub and sauce and put it back into the Egg to make burnt ends (no pic :sad: - I was running late for a brunch and didn't have time for a pic).

After a couple of hours I sliced the flat:

DSCN3827.jpg

and then ran the sliced brisket and burnt ends over to my neighbors before running over to a pizza cooking class put on by fellow brethren OakPit, jruloph, and Oakpit's partner Carrie over at Green Leaf BBQ.

It was a weekend of big eating!:becky:

Wow, nice work on those briskets John. Did you get to cook pizza on the Sole? Man, I loved the way that thing cooked, incredible results.

Thanks Bob! We cooked/ate 3 pizzas: a "black & blue" (steak & bleu cheese) - cooked on a BGE, pulled pork - cooked in the Sole pizza oven, and a pear dessert pizza on a BGE. All pies were delicious & I'm not doing them justice without having pics (took my point&shoot and batteries died after 2 pics). OakPit should have pics - maybe he'll share with us.

It all looks Phantastic but I Phell in love with this bark/crust...

IMG_6612.jpg

Great looking briskie!! Sorry that you lost a good neighbor they are hard to find.

Back