Dry-aged organic beef

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I just got a selection of Greensbury Market beef to try out.

http://www.greensburymarket.com/content/about/our-beef

I fixed a couple of ribeyes. These are grass-fed and organic, dry-aged for 21 days, and it shows. I called my wife from the office (temporary assignment), and had her put a couple of potatoes in the oven, after slathering on some bacon grease and some Hawaiian sea salt (thanks to keale!). The ribeyes just got sea salt and some pepper, since I'm reviewing the beef.

The results were that these were very good steaks. The dry aging shows through. I am still getting information on the breed of cattle, finishing time of the year, etc., but I liked these quite well.

4102273243_c165db137d_b.jpg

4102273557_d65da3c8c7_b.jpg

4102273757_933cc8f7e6_b.jpg

4103032110_8723a4cfae_b.jpg

4102274081_132784928b_b.jpg

Nice score,probably better than corn-fed cows.

Sure look good from here,if you send me the rest I will tell you what kind of beef it is.

I love grass fat beef. I got really spoiled when I lived in western North Dakota and my closest friends were all ranchers.
The meat eater in me will have me clicking on the link in a moment.

redheart, the only thing better than grass fed beef is free grass fed beef. :)

Those are some nicely marbled steaks there. Looks delicious.

I was in TN. the south has Fresh Markets. they have organic red herdford rib eyes water cured in stainless steel vats. these were simply the best beef I had. they will not ship meat but if guys see a fresh market i would try em.

I was in TN. the south has Fresh Markets. they have organic red herdford rib eyes water cured in stainless steel vats. these were simply the best beef I had. they will not ship meat but if guys see a fresh market i would try em.

I now only buy steaks at Fresh Market.

Those are some good looking steaks there, a lot of marbling in the eye for a grass fed animal. Dry aging makes beef something special, like aging wine, the flavor just gets better.

Back