View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #90
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeel Appeal View Post
The only exception that I will make on the morning of turn ins if while walking thru the pit areas to get to the judging area is if anyone says good morning to myself or my wife. I will usually reply "good morning and good luck" and keep walking. Its comes down to manners, will I go into the pits nope I save that for when the judging is over with. I have seen judges walk by and ignore the cookers or just plain put thier hands up to stop the conversation.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being civil towards each other - the spirit of the rule is that no information should be exchanged between any of the teams and the judges. The letter of the rule is written to be as simple and clear as possible. I don't see anything wrong at all with wishing each other a good morning.
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote