• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber 2013 Sneak Peak

i think its one way to keep the prices down and those with no or non operating
systems have no problems using a chimney.

Keep costs down? The silver is $249, it is a just a gold with a side table. I can buy a gold and a side table for $200

I ended up buying the 18 inch hinged grate to make adding charcoal easier. If you wanted to do a really long cook then you will need to use lump. With Kingsford the ash was building up fast and there isn't an easy way to clean it out during a cook.

Good to know. I just lit my Kingsford for the first cook in this grill. I was planning on grabbing that grate in the near future. It looked like the grates would be a direct swap, from what I was reading in the manual. I haven't put any meat on the grill yet, but the size makes it exactly what we were wanting for our RV.

C. Bob
It was kind of dark at the end but it did look like the ash was starting to block a portion of the bottom vent. It was halfway closed so it wouldn't take much to obstruct. I am sure I could have taken a stick and pushed some out.

Yes, it takes the same size grate as the regular 18 inch kettle. I swapped it out just to be sure.

So it looks like the performer as we know it went up about $20, and they added newer models. I know none of us like to see prices go up but the fact is they do. I applaud weber for catering to more people by offering what people want most at a lower price. I question if there is a market to support all of these models where there just used to be one. I don't know sales numbers or the market research, but I doubt these were created based on a hunch. I already have a performer and and older JJ, but I think a new JJ is in order, and a performer silver for my inlaws house. Those are perfect grills to fill my wants.

you may have to do the can mod if that becomes an issue.
at least they got the grate right. still amazes me that they didn't do that with the original one.

C. Bob
It was kind of dark at the end but it did look like the ash was starting to block a portion of the bottom vent. It was halfway closed so it wouldn't take much to obstruct. I am sure I could have taken a stick and pushed some out.

Yes, it takes the same size grate as the regular 18 inch kettle. I swapped it out just to be sure.

TravelingJ, post pics of that first cook! Yeah, the Jumbo would be perfect for an RV!!

MBShop..educate me, what is the can mod?

So it looks like the performer as we know it went up about $20, and they added newer models. I know none of us like to see prices go up but the fact is they do. I applaud weber for catering to more people by offering what people want most at a lower price. I question if there is a market to support all of these models where there just used to be one. I don't know sales numbers or the market research, but I doubt these were created based on a hunch. I already have a performer and and older JJ, but I think a new JJ is in order, and a performer silver for my inlaws house. Those are perfect grills to fill my wants.

The price of the performer went up but now it comes with a digital timer/clock...might be worth it to some people.

Back