Some people....

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
just have no regard for timing. Just received a phone call from a local company. Can you feed 500 tomorrow?

Brief silence, followed by uh, no, but I can do it Thursday. They agreed, so off we go to the store. Pulled pork and chicken quarters, beans, potato salad and slaw.

I'd better get busy!

just have no regard for timing. Just received a phone call from a local company. Can you feed 500 tomorrow?

Brief silence, followed by uh, no, but I can do it Thursday. They agreed, so off we go to the store. Pulled pork and chicken quarters, beans, potato salad and slaw.

I'd better get busy!

Yep!:shock:

I'm just teasin'.

I am very grateful that they call. We bailed them out last year and fed 1200 on very short notice as well, and they all like the food, so they keep coming back. I could have done tomorrow, but I couldn't get 500 leg quarters that quickly.

how do you do all of this and your job i could not do it all

york

Thats insane! Go get 'um! I see a 1.00 a head charge for the late notice! Post lots of pics!!:twisted: Just kidding!!

Guess you won't be posting for the next couple of days.

2 questions struck me

as needing a response.

1) How do I do it and my job? A wonderful wife who stays home and loves to cater. A great group of paid help that makes themselves available. An FEC 500 that can run overnight with no attention required (butts go on at 7:00pm and come off at 7:00am). I work from home as a commisisoned salesman, so my schedule is flexible.

2) Will I charge a premium for the short notice? Yes, about 10%.

It went

great. Pulled it off without a hitch. We are confirmed to do their company wide picnic in September for 1500 (which is why we will miss the Smoke on the Water contest). This was just 1 plant.

Right now there are 12 butts and 14 briskets on for a little vending deal tomorrow. Same thing Saturday, plus a 200 person company picnic Saturday and a 150 person golf outing Monday.

When it rains it pours and I ain't complaining!!

Sorry, no pictures. We've been a bit busy!

Monday after 9:00pm

, or thereabouts, is when the trailers go back in the shop and I go into the A/C for a couple days. Wife and hired help are out working the first one right now (my real job get's in the way once in a while - just sold a 20 Ton x 80' long Top running Double Girder Crane and had to get the order in to corportae).

I wish I was nearer a coast. I'm real fond of the atlantic down by Wilmington, NC and really like the Pacific, in particular Stinson Beach, and I forget the name of the beach northwest of Portland.

We do have the Missouri river, but a big muddy ditch with 100 degree actual and 80% humidity just ain't the same.

Back