Discussion Thread -> "Let's Make Dagwood Drool!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Let's Make Dagwood Drool!"

dagwood_zpsf5beccee.jpg

As chosen by Al Czervik & Charred Apron for winning the "Stuff It" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

CharredApron said:
The theme for the next TD will be, " Lets Make Dagwood Drool" Main ingredients for the sandwich must be grilled or smoked and served with a pickle and chips.

Oooh! Special Rules are back! :whoo: :boxing:
I wonder if chocolate chips will count...:confused:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 1/17 through Sunday 1/26.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 1/27

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Come on folks there's got to be some real interest in this!!!!!

Al I got the bread for the sammich yesterday while shopping, like I said got a big cook this weekend and.......a BIG ole sammich planned :heh:

Oh come on Uncle G a hog is bigger than most peoples heads :laugh:

I did say most there

Greetings, Everyone!

comanche_zpseaef881d.gif

What part of the "Let's Make Dagwood Drool!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only) thread do you farkers NOT understand?

The "Lets Make Dagwood Drool!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*) thread is HERE.

:mrgreen:

Hey, is anyone here prepared to post actual entries into the actual TD? Or did that get moved somewhere else or something?

Anyway, I was out in the Arizona desert when I learned what the TD was this week, so I was lucky to have had chips and pickles facsimiles with me to stay kosher on the rules.

I used a cured ham, rotisserie (surprise) cooking it over a hickory wood and mesquite lump charcoal fire like an Easter ham and finished it off with a honey glaze.

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1728.JPG

Once done, I sliced off an appropriate portion, added some Dijon Hearty Spicy Mustard and topped it off with my friend Ray's homemade sauerkraut (my pickles) on a Russian rye bread. The flavor was to die for.

Here's my (tadaaa!) entry:

IMG_1733.JPG

I imagine that some folks are going to come in with stacks much more impressive than my own, but I am a strong believer (out of necessity) that strength comes in quality over size, and I know that if anyone tasted my sammich they would have no choice but to vote for it.

--Jonny Rotisserie

attachment.php

Thanks for ruining breakfast... :tsk:

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Official Woodpile HO Entry - Dagwood Appetizer Knosh

sammich1_zpsd80bb77d.jpg

Details here...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2776089#post2776089
Originally Posted by CharredApron
The theme for the next TD will be, " Lets Make Dagwood Drool" Main ingredients for the sandwich must be grilled or smoked and served with a pickle and chips.

On Edit. This sammich WAS served with pickles and chips. Pickled jalapeno was added to the Pancho's white cheese dip and tortilla chips were the vehicle for the pickled dip. The rule did not specifically state the pickle and chips had to be in the picture, only that they were served, which they were. So there.
Also, technically, you could enter without even submitting a photo, as a description would suffice. Not that you'd get votes, but hey.
I can pick nits pretty good when I want to. :grin:

Last edited:
Before it gets DQ'd anyway, I withdraw my entry, so I'll just watch this one from the sidelines.

***We Will Now Interrupt This Throwdown for a Brief Announcement***

As per the category description set forth by Mongo and Jed:

CharredApron said:

Guerry's entry had neither chips nor pickles in the entry shot.

Therefore, Deguerre's entry will be disqualified and will receive a Dilly Bar in a flavor randomly chosen by Ronelle.

Please note that Guerry can submit another entry or entries before the TD ends if he so chooses as per standard Throwdown Rules.

Folks, if you plan to enter a throwdown with special rules/guidelines set forth by the previous week's winners, please read them carefully and apply them in your entries.

As your TD moderators, Ron and I take no pleasure in issuing DQ's, but we simply cannot selectively apply the rules.

Back to regularly scheduled programming!

Back