Too good to be true? Pitts & Spitts

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My buddy says he knows a guy selling a 18x30 Pitts & Spitts with side fire box for $200? After looking it up it sounds like he might have missed a 1 in front of that 200. If not then I'm playing hookie from work tomorrow to snag it. Anyone have some feedback on this maker? Very limited info right now but it sounds like the u-model 18x30.

I had a 24 x 36 Pitts and Spitts. It was my first offset.

Not a bad pit at all but not top of the line... I'd say definitely a few steps above mid range offsets but, but from a craftsmanship perspective, not at the level of a Klose, Gator etc. This is for their standard offering, not customs.

$200 it's a steal even for a very small pit... For $1,200 I'd say save your money...

My wife would have me looking for a new family over $1200! More than anything I'd be thinking about flipping it as my access to splits would probably be limited. Thanks for the info on how it measures up though.

You can cook with charcoal in an offset.No law on splits.It sounds pretty small to me.I would think $200 would be a fair price for a patio grill if it is in good shape. It is more about the cook than the cooking vessel.:wink:

$200 was the final deal. He was an older guy who bought it 18 years ago from the P&S place in Houston. Got another weekend before I'll be ready for a fresh coat of paint. Here are some before shots.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359180328.391523.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359180358.947249.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359180383.295359.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359180450.334579.jpg

bebu2a5a.jpg

rapynaby.jpg

they are well know here in houston.
under the leadership of the original owners, they were the pit to beat at cookoffs, especially HLSR.
under the current owners, they have slide to the bottom.
they are much better options in the houston area.

as long as you dont need thing from P&S you'll be okay. they have the worst customer service in the industry.

Sounds like a bargain.
I bought my homemade OffSet at an Estate Sale for a song.
They are out there.

Clean it up, Re-season it, and get ready for a great year of smoking.
Congrats.

Back