First time post here. I grew up grilling burgers and steaks on a 22.5" weber kettle just about every week with my dad. he died when I was 17 and I hadn't grilled since then until my wife and I bought our first house. as a house warming gift, she bought me a new kettle just like the one I grew up with. hands down the best gift I ever got. I didn't realize you could slow cook on these things. being from Memphis, I've been trying to master the art of ribs. I'm working on my 3rd attempt right now.

I just got some new wood handles for my kettles from Brian O'Neil. I stained them and finished them myself.

picture.php

picture.php

you can buy brian's wood handles here

CD

• Thanks
Reactions: G$
Which Weber Kettler to Purchase

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this board and looking to purchase my first weber kettler
and I have two options....

I found a 6 year old performer on craigslist which was used a few times then covered and stored under covered patio since. They are asking 150 and I was going to offer 120
http://denver.craigslist.org/hsh/3115044968.html

OR

Purchase a new one-touch gold 22.5" kettle for 149

Is the older performer worth it or just purchase new one?
Any advice is appreciated...

Thanks,
Goomba

What years were the kettles made with two handles on them? I got a new one this year and it only has one side handle.

I found this out back of a ladies house. I stopped and asked if she wanted to sell it and she said just take it. It looks to be about early seventies from what I'm told. 18",red and free works for me. Cleaned up real nice too. Gonna make a new wooden handle unless a brother knows where I can get one. Also needs a new 6" wheel. Old ones don't say Weber on them.
Picture619.jpg

Picture620.jpg

Picture621.jpg

What did you use to clean the vent cover? Looks like you were able to remove the oxidation fairly well!

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this board and looking to purchase my first weber kettler
and I have two options....

I found a 6 year old performer on craigslist which was used a few times then covered and stored under covered patio since. They are asking 150 and I was going to offer 120
http://denver.craigslist.org/hsh/3115044968.html

OR

Purchase a new one-touch gold 22.5" kettle for 149

Is the older performer worth it or just purchase new one?
Any advice is appreciated...

Thanks,
Goomba

Ahhhh Carp! I just saw your question, please tell me you snatched up that performer??? unless the performer was beat up, its a much better option!!

i love my kettles i have a 22.5 weber platinum about15 yrs old. a 22.5 weber performer with gas ignition. pretty old model all stainless steel tables with a boxed frame. i got this one free and brand new from my sisters husband. it was wedding present for him, he likes gas though! a 22.5 wsm and a mini wsm. i have no problem pulling a kettle out of a trash pile. i don't care if i am in a suit and tie on vacation or whatever. i fix them up good as new and give them to select friends that i know will use them. i have saved at least a dozen kettles from certain doom over the years. thats how much i love and appreciate weber kettles.

How do you like the smokey joe platinums compared to the regular SJ's and full sizers?

A few recent CL acquisitions, an N, DD & DE Smokey Joe Platinums

IMG_5444.jpg

I've been looking for a SJP for year's. Any chance you would sell one to a brethren? :biggrin1:

CD

seems like the wash state is the best place for weber deals.
nice collection.

I never even knew the SJPs existed until about 5 days ago...now i NEED one bad. :wink:Same w/ the Go-Anywhere. Well, i KNEW of the GA, but figured the SJ was "better". Don't ask me why. (Go ahead and ask...I have no answer). Since then I've seen the Phubar stuff and now, of course, I NEED a GA.

I've seen a couple listed- too far away. I've never even seen a SJP listed.

And now that I've just learned redheads haven't been made since '97, i'm REALLY pissed I missed a RH Performer for $50- and hardly used- while on vacation. DAMMIT. NO MORE VACATIONS!!!

Back