Thread: how much chili?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #39
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawcalls View Post
Why are Texans such an insufferable bunch when it comes to chili discussions? Yeah, we all know Texas' claim that it originated there. Who cares? That doesn't mean you get to decide what constitutes "real" chili for everyone else. Recipes change and evolve all the time. It's like saying you're not eating "real" pizza unless it is strictly Pizza Napoletana as defined by Italy's Ministry of Agriculture. Chili most likely originated in Mexico anyway lol. Just make it how YOU like it and don't try to tell everyone else how they should like it.
Chili con carne actually has origins in San Antonio. Look up the chili queens. But like pizza it has gained wide appeal and a lot of different regions have put their own stamp on it. My preference is Texas style, no beans. not right or wrong. Just preference. I love chili over rice or over Fritos or over nothing at all.

As for chocolate and cinnamon? I add unsweetened chocolate to my chili. It is quite good. I do not like cinnamon in chili. But keep in mind that Mexican chocolate contains a fair amount of cinnamon so there you go.

Life is to short to get territorial. Eat what you like, how you like. But allow the other guy his point of view.

Rec Tec 590 Stampede, Primo Oval XL, BPS drum
chingador is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->