GLBBQA feeds 300

Bbq Bubba

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We offered our services for the Blues, BBQ and Brew event in Holly, Mich.
Sold out advance tickets for 300 people!
Menu was PP sandwiches, spare ribs and chicken thighs with roasted corn, roasted redskin potatoes and coleslaw.
Scott Fischer (Sfisch) spearheaded the event with Bruce B, Puff, Spydermike and myself and a few other volunteers and our wives cooking and serving.
Except for the constant rain on Saturday, it came off without a hitch! :biggrin:

Our set-up on the corner of Main st (battle alley)

By imn88fan

By imn88fan

Dale from Hickory BBQ & Grill just got this new rig from Quality Grills in Detroit...

By imn88fan

Might as well do some advertising while were there...

By imn88fan

8 20 foot tents lined down main st between all the shops with a stage and full bar set up...

By imn88fan

Our cheering (and drinking) section... trying to get out of the rain

By imn88fan

Onto the grub...

By imn88fan

By imn88fan

By imn88fan

By imn88fan

Serving line...

By imn88fan

The other guy's should be adding quite a few pics to this thread.....
Great time, made a lot of contacts and spread the word of BBQ to a lot of fascinated folks!! :icon_cool

Wow thats a heck of a lot of work.
Congrats for pulling it off even with the rain.

Great job guys. I'll bet it was a blast. Food and everything else looks first rate.

Bubba your hanging with the big boys, might have to go to 4 drums. Great job.

Yep, this was a fun event, it was good to see such a great turnout from the good folks in Holly, what a great Historic town. The members that came out worked hard and made some GREAT food!! I am proud of the GLBBQA right now. Thanks to all that came out and helped, and especially our "cheering section"!!

A great bunch of people came together to make this first year event go off great.
I can't express my appreciation to everyone for all of the help, it was a long couple of days, alot of cooking and hard work but it was really fun.
None of these people I would have ever met if it wasn't for this site and Mike organizing the Great Lakes BBQ Assn. I'm really proud to call you all my friends.
Thanks again for all of the hard work.

P.S. Bruce B can really drink the Jack, bet they know him by name in Lynchburg!

Take care,
Scott

I had a great time guys! Hope to see you all again soon! Dale those are some fine lookin' rigs you have there.
Next time I won't tell the wife to go shopping (What was I thinking) :shock:

Hollypics004.jpg

Hollypics005.jpg

Hollypics010.jpg

Hollypics009.jpg

Hollypics008.jpg

Hollypics007.jpg

Hollypics011.jpg

Hollypics012.jpg

Back