Cornbread, Beans n Bacon Tenders!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I ordered three of DrBBQ's books just before I got laid off, and they were delivered last week. "Obie-Cue's Ranch House Beans" caught my eye:idea:, so I did a modified version of it. I did not use bacon, but rather 3/4 of one of the chuck roasts from last weekend's smoke, plus some ground beef that was in the fridge. I also added about 1.5 tablespoons of minced garlic. I also used Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy Rub instead of Obie's BBQ Bomber I soaked the beans overnight, crockpotted them while we were in church, and when we got home I put all the other ingredients in an uncovered dutch oven, added the beans and put the DO uncovered on the offset. All combined, the beans took about 2.5 hours in the smoker plus the 3.5 in the crockpot to get them started while at church.

:smile:I had been hankering for some bacon wrapped chicken tenders for a few days, since I found a package of tenders in the freezer. I seasoned the chicken with :icon_smilTodd's Dirt and Plowboy's Yardbird :icon_smil(a great combo for chicken), wrapped them in whatever bacon had been on sale lately and smoked them for a couple hours at 250-275.

I mentioned to the wife that some cornbread would really set this meal off, and when I brought the DO w/the beans in, she had cornbread muffins in the oven. :grin: This was a pretty tasty meal.

Attachments

• cowboybeans n chicken tenders 003.jpg
    cowboybeans n chicken tenders 003.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 71
  • cowboybeans n chicken tenders 001.jpg
    cowboybeans n chicken tenders 001.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 71
  • cowboybeans n chicken tenders 005.jpg
    cowboybeans n chicken tenders 005.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 71
  • cowboybeans n chicken tenders 008.jpg
    cowboybeans n chicken tenders 008.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 71
  • cowboybeans n chicken tenders 009.jpg
    cowboybeans n chicken tenders 009.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 71
Yup I would hit that. My wife loves her some chicken tenders. I'll have to hook her up with some of them.

Back