Chicken Wings w/pics

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Guys were home alone last night watching football, so what better than wings, actually all drumettes. Part of the theme here is to get rid of some stuff in the fridge so....we had some leftover buttermilk from some recent baking so I marinated to chicken overnight, took them out of the buttermilk and onto a rack with some Plowboys Yardbird and a light dusting of Oakridge BBQ's Habanero Death Dust and let them set up & dry in the fridge for the afternoon. Then onto the 26.75 OGT at 325*-350*, indirect with some Stubbs & hickory chunks.
2012-09-17115341_zps994828e0.jpg

After an hour I dunked them in a glaze made from stuff on hand in the refrigerator & pantry. Not really a recipe, but here is what I think went into it.
About 1-3 to 1/2 cup each honey, sriracha, hoisin & brown sugar heated in a sauce pan.
2012-09-17122017_zps3024c574.jpg

Back in the cooker for another 15 minutes, then another dunk in the glaze and back in for a final 15 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes total cook time).
2012-09-17125111_zps7a690c36.jpg

2012-09-17125512_zpsf7fc6c45.jpg

Added some fries and a side salad.
photo24_zps88ed9da4-1.jpg

Chicken was done just right, hot but still moist. The combination of the rubs and the glaze were great, spicey but not the kind that smacks you in the face, more like the heat & sweet that sneaks up on you. And the hoisin added a nice flavor all its own. Definitely a do over combination.

Thanks for lookin.

Awesome! I like the buttermilk idea too. I bet that added some nice juciness and a little flavor to the wings. I will try that next time. I like the rubs too. The HDD has some nice kick.

Ahhh yeaaah! Easily one of my faves if I havent said it already.

Dem der are some fine lookin drummies brother :thumb:

I'm craving chicken for some reason now :confused:

Man, those things killer. Ive never tried marinating them in buttermilk. Ill definitely try that out.

Yes sir you have some nice looking wings.

Great looking wings. My favorite wing sauce is the honey siracha. I make it all different ways. Never tried it with hoisin sauce. Have to try it next time.

Back