• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria Steaks

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Over the last couple weeks we did two steak cooks using the Oakridge Santa Maria rub. This stuff is outstanding, and in honor of Mike's recent accolades, I finally got new batteries for the camera and decided to post these cooks.:thumb:

The first night we did ribeyes with cubed and kettle roasted red taters generously coated in EVOO and also dusted with the SM (Y'all gotta try this) served with some grilled baby bellas...

ribeye-1.jpg

ribeye1.jpg

ribeye2.jpg

ribeye3.jpg

ribeye4.jpg

Night two was NY Strips, again with the SM rub served with kettle roasted baby Yukon Golds. Steak and taters!

strip-Copy.jpg

strip1-Copy.jpg

strip2-Copy.jpg

strip3-Copy.jpg

strip4-Copy.jpg

strip5-Copy.jpg

This one got away from me (I was distracted) and wound up closer to medium, but they were still Goooooooooood!

strip6-Copy.jpg

So, to sum it up, if you haven't tried KCMike's Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria (As well as his other outstanding rubs) you owe it to yourself to at least order a sample pack and see for yourself. You will NOT be disappointed.:thumb::thumb:

Thanks for looking!

I can't agree with you more.... I keep expecting to find one out of the line up I bought that I don't like..... I haven't found it yet!!!! My next order there is going to be well over another hundred dollars.... I see it coming.

Holy Crap, Guerry... those steaks are bigger than your plate! Perfectly cooked, they looked awesome! Thanks for sharing your experiences! :thumb:

Nicely done Guerry...My only issue with Oakridge SM seasoning on steaks, it the amount of sugar. Doesn't look like it holds up well to a really high heat sear, not saying it isn't good, but not sure I like that much char from burnt sugar.

Those steaks look great! I am going to have tp pick up some Oakridge SM rub.

Damn Brother!!! You cook a mean farking Steak!!!

ribeye4.jpg

strip6-Copy.jpg

:twitch::twitch::twitch:

Now that is the way steak & potatoes are meant to be cooked! :clap2:
How id you go about cooking the taters in that first meal? They look niecly cooked with slightly crisped edges and yet fluffy inside. Please share. Thanks Guerry!

Now that is the way steak & potatoes are meant to be cooked! :clap2:
How id you go about cooking the taters in that first meal? They look niecly cooked with slightly crisped edges and yet fluffy inside. Please share. Thanks Guerry!

Thanks Dave! I roasted them indirect in the kettle until they were almost fork tender then put them directly over the fire, stirring occasionally, until done to give them a nice crisp. We have a perforated chafing dish for grilling veggies.

We have a perforated chafing dish for grilling veggies.

Excellent it just so happnes that I have a kettle and perforated grilling wok. I use it for all kinds of veggies but never gave a thought to using it for potatoes. :crazy:

Plus, I just got my newest package of Oakridge Santa Maria delivered this week so I know what I am having with my steak this weekend. :thumb:

Guerry, you cook one heck of a steak my friend!:clap:

I have got to try some of this seasoning. I usually cook my taters with just a little olive oil, S&P and a little rosemary. The way you guys rave about this seasoning makes me want to try it even more! Mike must be doing something right.

Excellent cook, Brother!

Santa Maria is a great seasoning... I like to marinade mine overnight in KC Masterpiece Steakhouse Marinade. Then sprinkle on Santa Maria about 5 minutes before I take them off the grill. AMAZING!!!

Great lookin steaks right there Guerry!! :thumb: Think I might have to throw some on the grill tonight myself now!

Back