• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

spaghetti and meatballs #scratch

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
not grilled, but....

haven't had spaghetti and meatballs in a while, so i decided to make some.

005-10.jpg

004-13.jpg

003-11.jpg

001-15.jpg

002-14.jpg

003-12.jpg

004-14.jpg

005-11.jpg

literally threw it all together. i do know the meatballs were beef, eggs, italian bread crumbs, dizzy pig raising the steaks, salt, cavanders greek seasoning, onions, garlic, fresh oregano and basil. the sauce was tomatoes in various forms (sauce, whole, diced), onion, garlic, cavanders, oregano, basil, salt, sugar, white wine.

Molto bello. Mi piace far maccheroni fatti in casa. Devi provare a fare la casalinga manicotti con le crespelle. Lo amerete!

Come si dice in Italia .... mangiare i testicoli.

I was so happy to see that you did your sauce with real stuff, and no farking sugar. I make my own sauce, and it is very similar to yours. I use finely diced tomatoes, and have not used white wine before, but I might try it in the future.

You could have cooked the meatballs on the grill, or even slow smoked them, and they would still be pretty authentic Italian.

BTW, all my food is Italian food, because it is food made by an Italian. :heh:

CD

Molto bello. Mi piace far maccheroni fatti in casa. Devi provare a fare la casalinga manicotti con le crespelle. Lo amerete!

Come si dice in Italia .... mangiare i testicoli.

What he said. Now I have to get a roll of paper towels to wipe up the drool.

Bravo! Molto bene! A cook after my own heart! Homemade meatballs, gravy and pasta, it doesn't get any better!

I want to give you props my friend:

1. The food looks great! (I really need to get a pasta roller)

2. For making all that with what looks to be a toddler in the background. I can't seem to get anything done around here with 2 kids around that age. If I had a little more time I might even close the smoker and mow the lawn. Yikes!

Back