• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicken Piccata and Garlic Smooshed Potatoes

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Another meal I made while camping...
I make this at home by rolling the chicken in flour and frying in butter. This is the open fire grilled version. :)

I started my cubed potatoes in salted water....

097-3-1.jpg

Sauteed some green and yellow onion with garlic in butter...

b39aca88-1.jpg

Grilled some chicken and bacon wrapped corn...

60f11cc5-1.jpg

Added half of my sauteed onions and garlic to the drained potatoes with more butter...

d68d458d-1.jpg

Made my sauce by adding capers, lemon juice and sherry to the skillet of onions and garlic...

8b38b964-1.jpg

Added milk and seasonings then smooshed the garlic potatoes...

583b8a02-1.jpg

Put the grilled chicken into the sauce...

75a8caa2-1.jpg

The chicken piccata, garlic smooshed potatoes, bacon wrapped corn, watermelon and cucumber salad..

06d124f8-1.jpg

2b25ea48-1.jpg

Thanks for checking out my chicken supper!

Well, I am speechless...well almost, that does not look like any camping meal I have ever seen personally, looks more like you have opened a high end restaurant to me!

Girl that isn't camping, that is resort living. Real camping is cold Bologna sandwiches and Twinkies. You ought to make your farm into a dude ranch. I know I would pay to clean up your stalls to be able to eat like that.

Your version of chicken piccata look great! ...and so do the potatoes.
What are you using for the fire pit?

Looks great as usual! Dagmabit send the adoption papers... I am still waiting...

Wow, that looks awesome! Where's the next camping excursion? :-D

He does adoption too?

Dave. He's a SHE. Her name is Jeanie and if she's adopting, I'm hoping she'll adopt me and my family :-D

Jeanie, I gotta ask - when you go camping, do you take a grocery store with you packed in a camper, or what? You food always looks great - and your ingredient list is more than I have in my kitchen at home....

Awesome again!

Jeanie, as usual you did it again. I have seen enough of your stuff that I have run out of adjectives.

So, hopefully a simple Excellent, very well done will suffice :wink:

Thank you for the compliments. I kinda like cooking over a campfire. :)

Your version of chicken piccata look great! ...and so do the potatoes.
What are you using for the fire pit?

Hammerz, I used a plain old fire ring, but brought my own grate. It's made from expanded metal with 1" tubing welded on to keep it from warping.

When there are no fire rings I bring my own tractor rim fire ring with me.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2008/04/my-tractor-rim-fire-ring.html

Dave. He's a SHE. Her name is Jeanie and if she's adopting, I'm hoping she'll adopt me and my family :-D

Jeanie, I gotta ask - when you go camping, do you take a grocery store with you packed in a camper, or what? You food always looks great - and your ingredient list is more than I have in my kitchen at home....

Awesome again!

Chambers, thanks for watching my back! I thought maybe Norco finally convinced someone I was a 300lb hairy fellow. lol
Dave... I'm all girl! :redface::wink:

I decide what to cook before leaving home, then take what I need with me. I keep the food in one ice chest and drinks in another.
Sometimes I do not cook what's planned but we never go hungry.

I wish I could adopt most of you. :biggrin:

That is an incredible meal over the fire. I now realize that we do not eat all that well when camping.

Back