• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tri-Tip & Peppered Cow?

4WardMotion

Can anyone tell me if the Peppered Cow would be a good rub for a tri-tip? I am doing a bbq for the family next weekend and I will be doing tri-tips. I have been looking for the perfect rub for this and think this might be it.

Also, this would be my first order from Simply Marvelous (long time lurker, finally ready to get off the fence. lol) and I might get 1 or 2 others to try, what would be your recommendations?

Lastly, if I were to place this order on Friday would it get to me in Missouri on time for my bbq next Saturday? It sounds like turn around time is quite fast, but don't want to push my luck. I can't order until Friday as I don't get paid until then. :grin:

Thanks for your help!

4WardMotion

Depends on whether or not the tri tip is made of beef :heh:

All the other rubs are great, you really can't go wrong. You may want to get some Season All - I like to sweat with Season All first, the sweat with the rub I'm using and that works great. Sweet Seduction is great, esp. for pork, goes well on chicken too. Pecan is pretty dang versatile, Sweet and Spicy is too - love that for MOINKs...I could run down the whole list, but you get the picture.

The turnaround time is psycho fast.

Best brisket I ever cooked had Peppered Cow as the rub. I can't imagine it wouldn't be most excellent on a tri tip too. Steph's very fast in shipping. I once made an order very early in the day, and since Steph is 2 hours behind he was able to mail it first thing. I received it the NEXT DAY. USPS Flat Rate.

Personally I like Santa Maria rub on tri-tip but I don't see any reason that Peppered Cow wouldn't be fantastic as well.

You won't be disappointed! Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Thank you all for your feedback. It sounds like I probably can't go wrong with getting the peppered cow for my beef tri-tips. I think I am leaning towards the season all and the sweet seduction as my other two for this first order. It's making me hungry just thinking about it.

Thanks again!

4WardMotion

Awesome selection you have picked. Our operators are standing by waiting to fill your order.:wink:

Well, my first order has been placed! I can't wait to try these rubs. Thanks for the feedback from you all!

4WardMotion

You missed the morning mail. It will go out in the morning and probably still get to you on Monday! :cool:

Thanks for letting me know. That is awesome! Everyone on here says your customer service is second to none and it is showing. Thank you so much for getting this out quickly for me. I can't wait to try it.

Have a Great Weekend!

4WardMotion

I got my new rubs on Tuesday!!! I was like a kid in a candy store. Can't wait to try a few of them this weekend!

Thank you for the very fast shipment!

4WardMotion

Back