View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 10:42 PM   #19
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Franklin's might be hard for dragging other folks to if they're not that into eating mind blowing BBQ, and Salt Lick is more like a fun place with just OK food.

As stated, Stiles Switch is a fantastic option - you can walk right in and get top notch BBQ. Also worth considering John Meuller's Black Box BBQ. He's on par with the best around there IMO. Anything Mueller is a win - Louie Mueller's and La Barbecue (I've only heard about LB - never been but it is universally praised).

Personally I think Kreuz is really good (love the pork chop and shoulder clod, along with the classics) and Smitty's is just OK (what we got was kinda dried out). Black's is great - meats are fantastic and if you like sides, they got 'em & the peach cobbler is a must.

My favorite is Snow's, but that might be tricky with a crew since you gotta be there around 8am on a Saturday and wait an hour or 2. But - as my son said after his first bite: "I'd do this again tomorrow."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
Snow's and Mueller's are two I haven't tried yet that are on a "must taste" wish list. I need to figure out how to pick them both up on a single trip to the Austin area.
Start out at Snow's and then drive 20 minutes to Mueller's. We did that a couple months ago and it worked out great.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->