Wagyu Brisket

Keller Steeler

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, you know how you get something in your head that you want to try, but it is ridiculously expensive (happens to me all the time) and you hesitate to pull the trigger. Then two months after you sent a rebate form in for a cell phone, the rebate check appears and suddenly that ridiculously expensive something suddenly doesn't sound that ridiculous. Then you convince yourself, after about 2 seconds, to go forward.

So I ordered two Wagyu briskets..
2008_05170047.jpg

2008_05170049.jpg

They sure are marbled and tender.....

2008_05170052.jpg

2008_05170054.jpg

Injected and rubbed one, the other is being aged for a couple of weeks for a contest...

2008_05170055.jpg

To be continued......

Have you tried the Wygu steaks from Central Market?

Next time dont inject. No reason to. When the fat in that sucker melts, it will tenderize that bad boy beyond belief. The natural flavor is so amazing, no reason to ad more flavor.

Ive done about 6 or 7 now.

Watch it like a hawk. I have had zero hold time on all the ones I have done. The cook quite a bit faster. Pull it 190, foil and cooler it.

When you slice it open, it will oooze fat and flavore like a stuck pig.

Keep all the drippings, juice, and fat and seperate the fat from the Waygu goodness. Next time you cook a regular brisket, make an injection with your Waygu drippings. It will make a regular brisket taste even better.

What is "waygu"?

Have you tried the Wygu steaks from Central Market?

No - the price is crazy - sorry probably wouldn't pay their price for a steak in a restaurant. These were $3.5 a lb plus shipping. Like I said ridiculuos for what we can buy briskets for in Texas. Of course, when I read what people are paying in other parts of the country, it isn't that outrageous.

Brian,

Incredible marbling on those things like you said. I may have to stop by on my way home from work today. What are you doing about 4PM?

Come on by Tony.

It has been on for 9 hours at 225 and is now 165. The Spicewine and DifiQ are holding temps like a champ.

Time for some foil, although I seriously considered not using any.

DSCF0145.jpg

This picture has the brisket sitting on the new table Jay is making - I know you can't see it below, but the table is a must have.
DSCF0146.jpg

That is a fine looking brisket. I'm looking forward to the finished pictures.

No - the price is crazy - sorry probably wouldn't pay their price for a steak in a restaurant. These were $3.5 a lb plus shipping. Like I said ridiculuos for what we can buy briskets for in Texas. Of course, when I read what people are paying in other parts of the country, it isn't that outrageous.

Did you order your Gu's from MJ Meats?

At $3.95 a pound, that be one of them candle light dinner, romancing briskets........I guess this is what RTD means by food is sexy.......

Back