Padawan and Phubar's Porkbelly and Duckbreasts Pron

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
-starter Chinese pancakes with duckbreast (Padawan,Phubar)

-main course porkbelly with paksoi/pakchoy/bokchoy stampot (Phubar)

-dessert Chinese Chews and a spiked coPhee (Dennessey)

Duckbreast were rubbed with salt and pepper...smoked and Phlame grilled.
Served on a Chinese steamed pancake with homemade plumsauce,smoked and pickled cucumber and scallion.

Plumsauce was made out of plums from a jar (couldn't Phind Phresh ones),water,garlic,Spanish red pepper,sugar,salt,pepper,5-spice,soy sauce.

Porkbelly sat in a kombu (kelp) brine for about 4 days in a ziploc.
Brine was made out of water,kombu,garlic,ginger,lemon,sugar,salt,sichuan pepper,black pepper,5-spice,star anise seeds,soy sauce.
Cooked the brine for a couple of hours,chilled and poored it into the ziploc with the porkbelly.
Rubbed with salt,pepper...smoked for about 5 hours on pear wood.
LePhtover brine was used to make sauce for the porkbelly...cooked and reduced it,added sugar to make it thicker.

Stampot (Dutch) was made out of smoked taters,smoked shiitake,smoked paksoi,milk,coconut milk,salt,pepper.
Served with a gravy made out of mushroom fond,garlic,red Spanish pepper,smoked shiitake,soy sauce,butter,water,salt,black pepper.

Chinese Chew dessert was made Dennessey his way...he substituded the walnuts with pecan (we don't like walnuts) and made it in a cake Phorm.
CoPhee was spiked with Jack Daniel's and topped off with Phresh whupped cream.

Phinished the evening with some shots of Popcorn Sutton's...

Most liquor stores have it.. the bottle will be changing tho bucuz jack daniels is sueing them cuz they think the bottle resembles theirs

Awesome cook! Where did you get that whiskey?! How much?

Got it at a liquor store in Tullahoma,TN...don't know what the exact price was.

...the bottle will be changing tho bucuz jack daniels is sueing them cuz they think the bottle resembles theirs

Yep...heared that too.

Just Pharking amazing Phu :shocked:.

I wasn't aware Popcorn's stuPh was legit. He was/is a legend in TN.

Looks like a PhanPharkingtastic night was had by all y'all - but then again, that's just how you Pharkers do it! :thumb:

Way to go, Phu!!

You can tell good whiskey in two ways:

Phive phights to a pint or phive good lays to a pint!

Oops that last bit should have been in the WP!

awesome ! I cannot find decent duck anything around here and if I could it would probably cost more than gold.

Back