good with the bad!!!

S

stillsmokintn

well been running the truck for few weeks now been going pretty good.makes for long days though start preppin about 9am head down the road get set up sell from 11:00-1:30 head back to shop get things ready to go at raunt for 4:00-8:00 then on friday-saturday night head out to the offroad area 8:30-1:00am.:roll: now this weekend got slamed at the offroad area heck last night sold out of everything ....:shock: even had people buying the leftover slaw.then my wife commits us to sell at a antique / art auction today at 10:00am so clean truck top to bottom in and out at 6:30 this morning after going to bed at 2 in the morning.get all ready to go get to auction find it starts at 2:00 pm owner just wanted to make sure we were there.:icon_pissedset there from 10-4 and the grand total for the day DRUM ROLL PLEASE:biggrin:26.75 dollars. bunch of damn hippes/yuppies tofu eatin leaf lickin tree huggers...:icon_pissed i knew better so it cost me a day with my kids and 40.00 for pizza hut for them on the way home. im going to go drink a beer and smoke a stoogie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_smil

Sorry to hear that, but you did get to drink some beer and smoke a cigar!

Well glad to hear that the other places are doing good. You have to experiment a little to see what works for you. Now you see the off-road site does so good. you'll know now to really stock up for that stuff. and bring some extra just in case. Good Luck with it. Put some pron up if ya find the time. Would love to see what it looks like.

it happens sometimes.the bad days make the good ones even better. we'll have to pop down & see ya sometime.nothing like a fellow carnivoir for moral support.

Feeling it here

We did Rouzerfest this past weekend and took a beating. Lots of people moving around, but not a lot of spending going on. We were at the same event last year and made money. Rouzerfest is not a huge event, but enough to keep my team busy.

Did much better on July 4th.

We did a Neil Diamond Tribute concert in the park last night. We sucked too. Made more in 1 hour at the market earlier in the day.

Vending is gambling. It takes a shrewd player to make a go of it. We lose money vending much of the time, but I know a few guys like Gary of Governor's BBQ who have figured out how to make it pay consistently. Finding one of these vending pros and asking their advice is a one of the best things you can do, and many will be happy to help if you promise not to vend the same events they do.

Back