• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Whiskey Barrels Chopped for Wood Lump

These will be pit i with charcoal do should ger lot smokes out of them

My lord the smell is out of this world the whole garden smells of whiskey
2052C8E3-2998-4F57-B429-66AEDF727795.jpg

I wish my garden smelled like whiskey. The end of that barrel is cool! I'd hang that in my garage.

oh yes 2 ends being kept, one was itting in crap so wouldnt use it in fire, other end has nice logo so might make a table out of it. not very level on top though

Way to go! I know you are gonna be as happy as I was with that barrel wood. Mine was wine soaked and it smelled awesome too!
Nice Score!

yes hope season it saturday and might try smoke pork butt sat or sunday

yes they are expensive but i think for flavour and amount of lump will end up with they will be good

are they best left dry out or keep them moist for soking in uds

yes that was plan, mix them in unlit coal and the hot coals on top

will know in few days when off work

I got a bag of Jack Daniels barrel Chunk, not chips at the local store. I got them as I could smell the Whiskey on them 3 aisle away and I had to try them as I never seen them in chunk form.

Pretty good, but to me smoke is smoke, I cant tell the difference, lol.

i know the 2 pork butts did last year for a family party, the jack d one was real popular as left much nicer taste and also gave nice dark/pink colour to it

also it smelt nicer comming out the chimney as well

i know the 2 pork butts did last year for a family party, the jack d one was real popular as left much nicer taste and also gave nice dark/pink colour to it

also it smelt nicer comming out the chimney as well

It's also excellent for beef. Especially a standing rib roast.

I got a bag of Jack Daniels barrel Chunk, not chips at the local store. I got them as I could smell the Whiskey on them 3 aisle away and I had to try them as I never seen them in chunk form.

Pretty good, but to me smoke is smoke, I cant tell the difference, lol.

By tasting...me neither.:becky:

Lately I've also been buying JD's woodchips for the WGA (cause the hickory was out)...I really like the smell of the chips.
It really smells good like the distillery.

You're on the right path!

well thats it, maybe its the lovely smell you get around the bbq that makes it worth it

i have mesquite and apple wood and dont get much off it.

the jack d seemed give best. buy like lot stuff could all eb in my head

i do know if i throw some skirting board timber in the flavour be ****e

so i might chop up some of the staves and see if they dry out some more before burning

must try beef,

in fact my try some fo the fresh deer an phesant have at home hmmmmmmm

the jack D venison/pork mix burgers made few weeks back went down a treat.

in fact were so nicely smoked people taught the were burnt on top and bottom and raw in middle as the was a lovely pink layed all way through

Back