my newest fatties

I think I liked my first fatties the best. They were covered in a kc rub with a more sweet kick than these two. But these are still pretty good.

If I made breakfast sausage (main ingredient being sage) with my freshly ground pork butt, would I have to add back fat to it in order for it to be a "fatty" ? Or is pork butt fat enough?

I want to try this and I have a ton of pork butt in the fridge.

If I made breakfast sausage (main ingredient being sage) with my freshly ground pork butt, would I have to add back fat to it in order for it to be a "fatty" ? Or is pork butt fat enough?

I want to try this and I have a ton of pork butt in the fridge.

Not sure that it would need any more fat for the sake of the name (which refers to the shape and the fact that you "roll a fatty"), but I would be sure to get some of the fat cap ground in there just for flavor, moisture and texture.

Nice work cmwr, BTW!

Not sure that it would need any more fat for the sake of the name (which refers to the shape and the fact that you "roll a fatty"), but I would be sure to get some of the fat cap ground in there just for flavor, moisture and texture.

Thanks, yeah I always grind the entire fat cap of the pork butt into the sausage. I also reserve the fat cap from other pork butts I trim for BBQ, in case I need more fat. Just wondering what fat percentage is in a roll of the Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage.

I want my fatty to be as good as cmwr's :hungry:

Naked fatties rock! :rockon:

Thank you for keeping the tradition alive!

Yea I am wanting to try some of those stuffed fatties someday but you just can't beat the economics of a couple dollars and some seasoning. These 50 dollar fatties people are posting on this forum are too rich for my blood.

Back