Does anyone sell drum smokers?

aswoboda

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey guys, I live in st Louis Missouri and would love to purchase a UDS or BDS whatever you call them, I heard a guy from California who makes them for big mista sells them but I don't know how to get a hold of him or if there is a closer person, any help would be great guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly simple to build yourself, but there are several brethern in your area that can probably fix ya up.
You might put your location in your topic.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I live in st Louis Missouri and would love to purchase a UDS or BDS whatever you call them, I heard a guy from California who makes them for big mista sells them but I don't know how to get a hold of him or if there is a closer person, any help would be great guys

I was in touch with the guy here in SoCa. PM me for contact info. You can also look up the bds website. Either way, you're looking at a hefty shipping charge.

Just curious - why not just build your worn? They're so easy to make and you'll spend way less dough.

Ashmont is in your area, he might know.

I posted this in your other one too.

Ruh Roh...now I've been duped! :)

Last edited:
I bet MooCow would help you with one or sell you one.

Cooking Class Moocow make it take it drum class (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5)

Id love to make one myself but im not real handy, I read a lot of the uds thread on here but i think i would still have lots of trouble, I might try it if i could see a pic by pic intro or something, any help would be great guys

Id love to make one myself but im not real handy, I read a lot of the uds thread on here but i think i would still have lots of trouble, I might try it if i could see a pic by pic intro or something, any help would be great guys

This is the simplest way to build a UDS it's shockingly simple - it's more or less what I followed:

www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43943&highlight=redneck+uds

A couple of things:

You do NOT need to weld anything to build a UDS. You can use washers, nuts and screws to pull your firebasket together. Same applies to the plumbing fitting. The simplest ash pan for the firebasket would be a pizza pan. Literally, you can build one of these in an afternoon...

thank you for all the help guy, i have private messages sent out to moocow and ashmont, hopefully ill hear from them

thanks ashmont, this will help a lot, i think i may take the class in kansas city that moocow offers just to learn some new stuff and build one, but thank you for your time

I built mine and I'm no do it yourselfer but like the post before the ones on craigslist look nice. Just $175. I found barrel on craigslist for 10 bucks had 22.5 old grate from weber(15 bucks at HD). The total hardware spent at HD probally under 12 bucks . I stiill need to paint, I figure I should be able to do that for 10-15 dollars. total $30 -$40 dollars.

I figure I can buy alot of meat for the $130 saved!!!

or
New UDS $175
Nice brisket $40
Assorment of rubs $30
First UDS dinner Priceless!!!!

Jason
weber
uds

Its a proven fact that the meat tastes better if you build it yourself. I think its the combination of sweat and elbow grease that adds just a hint to the seasoning of the barrel.

Back