Assassin 28....picked it up yesterday!

Sorry for the question if it has been answered but where does the wood go?

Check out the video and pictures, there is a firebox with a door at the bottom of the chute. You put the bigger chunks of wood there.

$3200 with the new cover they are offering. As mentioned hard to beat paired with their customer service and family values on making sure the customer is taken care of. His son Philip was there to take care of me, wish I had the chance to see Jeff and Robin since they talked me through the entire process. His son did well though, good experience...keep on sending them business. If any of you need to ask questions shoot me one, more than willing to help.

That's a great price for that cooker.

Yeah, Jeff and family are great. I spent about an hour talking to Jeff when I picked mine up. He walked me through every step of the build process. He showed me things they have learned and improved over the years from building units for Superior, Rebel, and way back in the day Stumps. I can't recommend the Assassin enough, if you're thinking about getting one, it's the best quality/bang for the buck out there.

Very nice! Congrats and thanks for the vid and pics of that bad boy!

Great cooker!
Wise additions, well thought out.:thumb:
Really looking forward to more!:-D

. . . . . it's the best quality / bang for the buck out there.

PPorker, I agree with you on this. There have been some recent upstarts lately, selling "boxes", but I have not been impressed with those. I am, however, tickled "pink" with my Assassin 24.

Great cooker!
Wise additions, well thought out.:thumb:
Really looking forward to more!:-D

Thanks man, I thought so. I over think this with the job I do for a living as I work with engineers so I figured all the things especially the high heat paint on the chute was for the better.

Thanks to your video I called Robin today and placed the order for my very own Assassin 28. I have scoured these forums to determine which pit I should buy and came to the conclusion that the Assassin gives you the best bang for the buck. It's going to be a long 3 weeks waiting on it to be built.

Sweeeeeet! I really would love to have one these but the shipping $ is holding me back.

Looking forward to seeing the great Q from it . Enjoy the new toy

It's going to be a long 3 weeks waiting on it to be built.

Jeff told me 2 to 2.5 weeks for mine and he had it built in 9 days. That was last week, although he did tell me that the orders have been flying in recently. Hopefully you don't have to wait the full 3 weeks! You're gonna love the smoker!

Thanks to your video I called Robin today and placed the order for my very own Assassin 28. I have scoured these forums to determine which pit I should buy and came to the conclusion that the Assassin gives you the best bang for the buck. It's going to be a long 3 weeks waiting on it to be built.

Awesome Tack, no problem man glad the video put you over the edge. Proud to see another Alabamian get one, I told them I would get the word out the best I could in AL since it was more seen in Ga. One step closer :clap2:

Holler at me if you need anything. You will really enjoy their customer service, you picking it up?

Very awesome thread and good info. It looks like a fantastic unit.

What made you ultimately decide on a assassin 28 compared to a stumps and others? Just wondering as I continue my search for a new cooker.

Very awesome thread and good info. It looks like a fantastic unit.

What made you ultimately decide on a assassin 28 compared to a stumps and others? Just wondering as I continue my search for a new cooker.

Bang for buck, great family business and customer service, same quality as a stump, larger than a stump stretch for $1500 less and no 6 month build time wait compared to two weeks for an assassin 28. I've seen a lot of stumps and there is no difference in quality. Proximity helped as well to other smokers I looked at. Trust me there is no way you will regret this decision. Shoot me a message if you want, it's money.

Bang for buck, great family business and customer service, same quality as a stump, larger than a stump stretch for $1500 less and no 6 month build time wait compared to two weeks for an assassin 28. I've seen a lot of stumps and there is no difference in quality. Proximity helped as well to other smokers I looked at. Trust me there is no way you will regret this decision. Shoot me a message if you want, it's money.[/QUOTE

Thanks. Would love to see you upload a youtube video of a cook sometime.

I bought a standard Assassin and here are some of the reasons that I did so.
Large capacity on shelves, standard slam-latch, removable grease catcher, rails on bottom for a grease pan, included water pan, raised charcoal chute, access port for temperature probes, included BBQ Guru, locking casters on all 4 wheels, best price compared to similar smokers. Short order time (mine took exactly 15 days, including the day I ordered and the day it arrived) plus great customer service.

I also created a video documenting the standard features and it can be seen at this link
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166449

I think that if you compare the features, you will order an Assassin...because they are slowly smoking the competition.

I bought a standard Assassin and here are some of the reasons that I did so.
Large capacity on shelves, standard slam-latch, removable grease catcher, rails on bottom for a grease pan, included water pan, raised charcoal chute, access port for temperature probes, included BBQ Guru, locking casters on all 4 wheels, best price compared to similar smokers. Short order time (mine took exactly 15 days, including the day I ordered and the day it arrived) plus great customer service.

I ordered my Assassin in early March, 2013. I too ordered it for the reasons listed above and my desire to sleep at night while I do long cooks, and to know the temps would be steady-eddy. The other big reason was the craftsmanship. C&C's craftsmanship is top notch, and as a licensed Professional Engineer, I appreciate a well built smoker. All smokers are not built the same . . . . .

Bang for buck, great family business and customer service, same quality as a stump, larger than a stump stretch for $1500 less and no 6 month build time wait compared to two weeks for an assassin 28. I've seen a lot of stumps and there is no difference in quality. Proximity helped as well to other smokers I looked at. Trust me there is no way you will regret this decision. Shoot me a message if you want, it's money.[/QUOTE

Thanks. Would love to see you upload a youtube video of a cook sometime.

I will load one soon, unfortunately I had a schedule change and going to Chattanooga with wife for the weekend. When I get back ill get something's on it, especially next weekend!

Back