Some Campfire Brats

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
When camping last time I doctored up some store bought brats before putting them on the fire.

I slit them open, added slivers of jalapeno peppers then wrapped them in bacon.

313-1.jpg

Caramelized some sliced onions in butter...and put on a marinaded loin...

316-1-1.jpg

321-1-1.jpg

Added some twangy kraut to the caramelized onions....

323-1-1.jpg

325-1-1.jpg

337-1-1.jpg

326-1-1.jpg

Toasted some buns.....

339-1-1.jpg

The jalapeno stuffed, bacon wrapped brat topped with caramelized onions and twangy kraut....and a ribbon of brown spicy mustard.

I forgot about the loin, I was more interested in having a brat and cold beer.

355-2.jpg

356-3.jpg

Thanks for checking out my brat!

I should never read one of your posts before eating! Now I am really hungry!

Can you come and cook in my back yard, Jeanie? :rolleyes:

Jeanie, your posts of camping cooks could do more to generate interest in camping than the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts combined!

What can I say (wipes tear from eye) a thing of beauty......Good Job Cowgirl..

I can't believe it! I've been eating brats all of my life and have never, ever seen a more beautiful specimen! :cool:

Awesome You should do a book on your campfire cooks- It would sell. My son would love the coors light in the Pic

The stuff you cook over an old wheel looks better then what I do on a 500 dollar grill dag nabit

I'm just curious, Jeanie.....do you EVER live inside? ;)

Looks great and nicely paired with a cold one.

Nice ...... and nice to see you had the blue on your beer :rolleyes: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OK, that does it......Cowgirl should be officially banned from the site. We can't compete on any level. I'm tired of being embarrased.
Paperboy98

first fruit , then coor's light....grrrrrr! :) Those sound awesome! gonna have to give that a whirl. thanks for posting!

Back