Smoked Roast Beef and beans pr0n.

Hitman0321

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Found a nice 3 pound eye of round on sale and figured it was a great time to try out my new meat slicer. Also figured it was a good time to use up some leftovers. For the beans, I used the Keri's Hog Apple Beans recipe as inspiration, but used the ham bone from thanksgiving instead of pulled pork.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=423407

I put this on the kettle (using RO lump and some pecan) with the roast for a couple of hours, got some good smoke in it and the ham just fell off the bone.

After a couple of hours at about 325, the roast got to an IT of 130, so I pulled and wrapped it for a half hour. Afterwords it looked like this.

I got a Chefs Choice model 615 slicer, and for the first use I thought it worked well. I had put the meat in the freezer for about 90 minutes before slicing.

I guess I forgot to take pics of the au jus, but after I sliced the meat I reheated it in the au jus and put it on a bun with some provolone and roasted orange peppers I did while the meat was cooling down.

Plated:

Came out pretty awesome, and I learned some ideas for next time. First, it was my first time doing peppers (i just dropped them on the coals), but I need to let them get more charred than I did. Second, it would have been better to let the roast sit in the fridge over night so I could have sliced thinner. Thanks for lookin'!

Hitman

Thanks all, I plan on doing it again. I seasoned with just salt and pepper and the smoke in the meat really made it awesome.

Back