THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10-7

Found some matches.
I have only smoked a few pork loins and 1 pork shoulder. My question is how to make smoked hamburgers. I can cook a lot of things and have created a lot of my own dishes but have not smoked a lot of stuff. Ok on with it,how long do you smoke the burgers for and what ratio of fat to meat in the beef ? I like my burgers medium to medium well but juicy please help !

Ken (10-7)

Smoked burgers probably aren't going to be juicy since the longer cook time will render the fat out of them. I would use 80/20 ground beef and either grill or do a reverse sear as chunkylatinlover describes.

I cook pit burgers every time I fire Behula. I go with 80/20 I mix my burgers with Wooster &Uncle Chris's gourmet steak seasoning and freeze them over night.I put them on frozen, they take about 35-40 min. Yellar mustard onion & pickles is a nice finish.

Great tips & triks from All! But I lost something bigger..... 80/20 what????

80/20 is the lean to fat ratio for ground beef here in the states.

To the OP, go with 80/20 beef and cook them indirect on the grill with some wood chunks of your choice for 30 minutes, then sear over direct until your preferred done-ness

I made smoked, stuffed, bacon wrapped burgers for memorial weekend last year. I took two 1/4" patties and sandwiched them together with some cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers in between. I then hit these with my rub, wrapped them in bacon and sent them to the smoker. When they got to about 155 internal, I went out and slapped them with some sauce, to give it a chance to carmelize. The end result is the bit of goodness you see here:

I even smoked a little patty for the dog. :-D

These were by far some of the best burgers I've ever made. I'll definitely do it again!

Back