• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Gravity Fed Smoker

Yeah, they look pretty top heavy and I don't want to think of the damage they would cause if one fell on you.

How do most of these smokers hold up to weather? I live in the humid South where rust is your constant companion. Just ask my char-grill

most gravity feds are heavier and harder to move around compared to other insulated cabinet smokers. I say "most" because I know pitmaker and spicewines are heavy, but compared to backwoods, humphreys and others, the gravity fed units are heavier and harder to move. If you plan on keeping it mostly in one place, its no big deal. If you want to move it around the yard, take it to competitions, then you need to consider how you are going to move it.

Yeah, they look pretty top heavy and I don't want to think of the damage they would cause if one fell on you.

How do most of these smokers hold up to weather? I live in the humid South where rust is your constant companion. Just ask my char-grill

The last thing I am worried about is it tipping over, I couldnt push it over if I tried unless you just hit a 45 degree lip and it turned over just like anything else would. The assassin at least mine has 5 coats of ppg car paint on top of a ppq epoxy coating. It will last the same as my car paint. The exterior will see no rust for a loonnnng time.

Southern Q makes one the very best Gravity feeds they have won nearly 30 GC,s this year including 4 last weekend. We have won two with ours. He is near you in Kennasaw GA

Ditto on the Southern Q. At least one team that I know of sold their Jambo and bought one.

So, is there really any down side to owning a gravity fed smoker?

Downsides include, easier use=cooking more often=increased meat consumption and beer drinking=weight gain
I would consult a doctor before making this decision.:wink:
jon

Stumps are a nice smoker for sure. Take into consideration that they can take a while to get. My brother had to wait 15 weeks to have his delivered.

Back