1st brisket is in the smoker!

that looks good.. specially since my brisket from this weekend is all gone.

Guess we needs to tell ya how to slice thru nose and point huh? 2 more seperate grains in those sections that ya need to rotate away from the flat to slice. I f you seperated the flat,(looks like ya did) its easy to go 90 degreees off it to slice across the grain on the nose,

but if ya didnt, ya have to start angling in as you get closer to the back of the flat so you can cut across the grain on the nose and point and still be against the grain on th flat.

Looking good Neil. Congratulations on getting a tender brisket first time out. I still haven't hit the desired tenderness on brisket and I've smoked a bunch of them this year. Slow learner mod.

Grats bro, your first brisket is looking like a keeper.

As with Samichlaus asked, I also would like to hear about this fried cabbage. Sounds great!

Thanks Mista.....

I went to bed with that picture in my head last night and woke up this morning with a "requirment" for brisket. Problem is.. I aint got none. :) So pulled one out of the freezer to do tomorrow. (I always keep one around for a rainy day). :)

Glad I'm not the only one who had developed a serious brisket Jones over the last couple of days! Fark typin' about brisket, its time to cook some beef!

Glad I'm not the only one who had developed a serious brisket Jones over the last couple of days! Fark typin' about brisket, its time to cook some beef!

You know it - mine from the weekend is gone and I mentioned to the OL last night that maybe I'll do another one this weekend. It didn't go over too well. Next time I won't tell her.

Isn't there a new Brisket Jones Movie out this month? I saw the Brisket Jones Diary. :lol:

Mines a brisket johnson. :)

and it is definately gettin bigger ast the day goes by. Got it all setup for thursday, the day of brisket. Got one 14lb packer out of the freezer and have to do one for the inlaws so will go piuck on e up forom restaurant depot today.. . so that makes 3. :) as in, i will also make an extra flat to eat thursday while the packers are cookin.

hey Mista.. see what ya started. !

Man, I am jealous. I'll be playing Santa all weekend so no brisket for me.

Samichlaus said:
That looks great!

Please tell me about your fried cabbage.

Here ya go!

FRIED CABBAGE

Ingredents

1 head of cabbage, shredded
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
1 TBSP Sugar
2 TBSP Oil (Canola is fine)
2 TBSP Garlic Powder or 4 cloves of fresh Garlic
1 tsp cayenne
Salt & Pepper to taste.

Instructions

In a hot Dutch Oven add oil.
Add the veggies and stir till they are all coated and sizzling.
Add all of the seasonings and mix well.
Cover, turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
You should have to stir too much atter it's covered because the cabbage will give off a lot of good liquid.
When all of the veggies are tender, EAT!

BBQchef33 said:
hey Mista.. see what ya started. !

Hey don't blame me! You guys got me started!! I wasn't even that crazy about brisket. Guess I never had a good one before...

Thanks Neil!

Fried Cabbage tomorrow night. Probably pick up some sausages to fry up too, (seperately). Or maybe a pot of pintos with a couple ham hocks.

I remember the fist time I fried cabbge for my wife, she thought I was crazy. She has been making ever since. Good stuff.

Sami, Where'd ya get the bitchin' Charolais avatar, that rocks!

Back