"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Perhaps some convoluted creation for the Aussie style Throw Down. Starts Sunday, right?

Oh just some ol hamboogers with a fried egg on top, spinach and arugula salad

I'm going to try a rotisserie pork loin ~ low and slow with the lid off. It sure did rock the chicken last weekend!

We are having an extended family & guests celebration on Sunday: 3@15# briskets, 18 racks of spares and 60 chicken 1/4's, plus beans, mac-n-cheese, cloeslaw & cobblers. Pics coming.

I should have the refurbish on my Bandera finished today or early tomorrow.
First will be a test run with canned biscuits to check for hot/cold spots and I'll probably do a fatty at the same time.
If I like what I see, on Sunday it'll be 2 racks of ribs and a pork butt.

First pizza ever on the kettle tonight and a corned beef brisket (pastrami) on Sunday! We'll get to see if our grandson likes that as much as the naked fatty he scarfed down last time he visited. :biggrin1:

I'm doing an overnight smoke of 2 briskets. Chili cook-off tomorrow. My first food competition actually.

My son, his wife (with my first grandchild in the oven so to speak), and their dog will be in for a visit this weekend. Tonight my son has requested boiled crawfish with all the fixings. My daughter in-law is a Texas girl who loves brisket so that is on the menu Saturday. I am still not confident with my brisket skills, so I'm not sure how I am going to approach that.

My son, his wife (with my first grandchild in the oven so to speak), and their dog will be in for a visit this weekend. Tonight my son has requested boiled crawfish with all the fixings. My daughter in-law is a Texas girl who loves brisket so that is on the menu Saturday. I am still not confident with my brisket skills, so I'm not sure how I am going to approach that.

Brisket isn't too hard once you get the hang of it. Just use a nice salt/pepper rub, then wait for the internal temp to reach 195. Sounds like a fun and filling weekend! Have a good time!

Tonight we are prepping for a Jambalaya cook off tomorrow...

so that will take the rest of the weekend to recouperate.... you know.. chop a little, drink a little, chop a little, drink a little, then.... cook a little, drink a little, cook a little, drink a little. It ends up with just drinkin'.....

might do some chickens on Sunday....

Tonight we are prepping for a Jambalaya cook off tomorrow...

so that will take the rest of the weekend to recouperate.... you know.. chop a little, drink a little, chop a little, drink a little, then.... cook a little, drink a little, cook a little, drink a little. It ends up with just drinkin'.....

might do some chickens on Sunday....

Good luck at the cook off, I guess you settled on a recipe to try.

Either chicken or steak on the OTG on Sunday.

Sent from my Android phone.

Back