• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Sandwich" Throwdown!!!

Please accept this as my entry.

I'm not really expecting to garner many votes for this, based on what I've seen so far. But, the sammiches were made, the pics were taken, there's no shame in posting them! I got called in to work early today, so I didn't have time to plate everything and get really good pictures. In fact, my wife took the pics because I had to head out in a hurry. It's a shame, as my veggie really turned out to be the star of the show today. I also forgot to take action shots (I'm still getting used to posting pr0n, and don't always think it through). That being said, my cook went as follows:

7.5 lb butt. I fired up the WSM at about 6:30 this morning. I knew I was going to be under a time crunch due to work, so I cooked a bit hotter than I usually do (ran between 275-300; I usually run closer to 250), with the idea of pulling it off at about 4 pm. I rubbed with Three Little Pigs' Touch of Cherry, and used the Chris Lilly injection (minus half the salt). I used KB with cherry and pecan chunks. Everything was ready and my temps were dialed in by 7:30, so I tossed the butt on at that time. Went to church, came back and made some "semi homemade" coleslaw. I then took a buttercup squash, halved it and seeded it, dusted it with Yardbird just to try something different, then filled the cavities with dark brown sugar. I threw this on at about 1:30. Pulled the butt at 4:00 as planned; it wasn't quite probe tender, so I foiled it while it rested. At 5:00, I pulled the pork, sauced with Three Little Pigs' KC All Purpose, and plated it. Just used regular store-bought buns, as that's what we had. Unfortunately, the squash took longer than expected, so I wasn't able to plate it for the picture. Pics below are with and without coleslaw.

All in all, this was not my best cook, but it turned out OK. I love the cherry rub on spares, but wasn't crazy about it on the butt. I think I'll stick with my homemade rub from now on. I will say, the squash was incredible; the Yardbird really worked out well. I wish I had pics of THAT! Thanks for looking!

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

please accept my entry into the TD
I submit to you the Italian Stallion
hamburger-hot italian sausage-sweet italian sausage - bread crumbs - 2 eggs-r4ed bell pepper-spring onions - garlic- sugar- Italian seasonings -salt & pepper and the wife home made maranara sauce
meata.jpg

meat2.jpg

meat3.jpg

meat4.jpg

meat6.jpg

meat8.jpg

meat9.jpg

meat10.jpg

meat11.jpg

meat12.jpg

meat13.jpg

meat14.jpg

meat15.jpg

meat16.jpg

meat17.jpg

Hope you enjoy as much as we did
meat22.jpg

I'll take two of that! But from the size of it, it looks like I'll be taking one for the road...

Holy melted cheese you nailed that, BigBlock. Mmmmmm, mmmmm, good. Great idea, great sandwiches, great pics. Someone get me a mop for the puddle of drool on this desk.

Big Butz Chicken Sammie, this may or may not be my official entry.

Note to the czar:

I plan on entering another sandwich later this week if time permits, but if my plan takes a dump, please use this as my official entry until further notice.

Thank you.

I was grilling up my lunch for the week, chicken breasts, and a couple chops, and I was kinda hungry so I made myself a sammy while I was at it.

I hit the chicken with some SM Sweet Seduction.

IMG_3212.jpg

The chops got some of biggie's world famous Foil Hat Rub.

IMG_3213.jpg

Onto the OTS with KB and mesquite.

IMG_3220.jpg

Lunch for the week is looking pretty good. :grin:

IMG_3222.jpg

The sandwich turned out pretty tasty as well. Chicken breast on a whole wheat bun, with a slice of American cheese, on a bed of grilled onions and yellow peppers, topped with Big Butz Hot. Until further notice, please use the shot below for the TD.

The Summer Shandy is for Wampus, cause I know he loves that stuff. He may not be the only one. :-D

IMG_3229.jpg

:peace:

Last edited:
Out-farking-standing sammie, Jason!

Will you make another for me, with some bacon on it?

:mrgreen:

Anything for you brother, bacon did cross my mind, but it crossed at a rather late stage of the game. :-D

Is that a chicken burger???? :mod:

That is clearly a chicken sandwich. I would never enter a burger into the sandwich TD, that would just be crazy. :crazy:

Actually, it looks more like a farking chicken sammich than a farking burger. But what does that matter? It's not like anyone around here listens to me any way.

Did someone say something?

Man, these are some really weird looking entries for a taco throwdown. :twitch:

CD

Back