Injectors

D

drumfreak

I was wondering....how many of you inject your meats? Do you inject both butts and brisket? What do you inject with and where did you get your injector? I purchased a Cajun Injector last year and the needle buckeled on me after two uses. I am looking for something heavy duty. Has anyone seen the one that Poobah was using at Grill Kings this past summer? Poobah If you are reading....did you build that? If not, where did you get it?

I inject with the a Heavy Duty CAjun injector and I inject butts and briskets.I brine poultry.

I have a big ss injector and a couple small ones for more delicate work, but as you said the can break easy.

drumfreak said:
I was wondering....how many of you inject your meats? Do you inject both butts and brisket? What do you inject with and where did you get your injector? I purchased a Cajun Injector last year and the needle buckeled on me after two uses. I am looking for something heavy duty. Has anyone seen the one that Poobah was using at Grill Kings this past summer? Poobah If you are reading....did you build that? If not, where did you get it?

I inject whole hog, butts and larger cuts of beef - not prime rib, though.
Injectors can be purchased cheaply at farm supply stores. A 50 cc syringe is about $3.50 here.

I've injected loins and poultry for a while, but I injected a butt for the first time last weekend. The extra moisture allowed me to cook hotter and faster with perfect results. I'm doing that from now on!

I only inject butts/shoulders and turkeys. I marinade briskets, use a rub on ribs and a combination of both for chicken.

I use the injectors that come attached to the Tony Cachere's or Cajun Injection/Marinade. I generally buy about 4 or 5 bottles each Thanksgiving for turkeys and they'll usually last all year. Sometimes you have to run the plunger under hot water so it'll seal right and I keep the needles in an old glass spice bottle filled with alcohol to kill off any critters.

I inject brisket and butts.... and use the WilCo Dial-o-Matic that Yankee had pictured above. Mine came with two needles... one with multi-holes and a closed tip, and one with an open tip that is beveled to 45 degrees.

Ray Lampe's Big Time BBQ has some great injections in it. Steve Riechlen has a "sauces rubs and marinades" book that also spends some time on injections. I use Ray's pork injection and have done VERY well with it the last couple years. Prior to that, I brined my butts.

I use the $30 metal cajun injector for shoulders and poultry. No where near the firepower of that $130 model but it works well for smaller volume.

Anyone use or know where to buy a 'Solid Injector'? For injecting things like bits of garlic, nuts, olives, sun dried tomatos, etc.....

I`ve only seen Ron Popeil (sp?) use one during one of his infomercials. It came with one of his cooking gadgets.

Always wanted one.

I got my injector from cabela's but bass pro has them too. They are stainless steel work real well right about 20.00 to 30.00.

bbqjoe said:
Holy chit! $138.00!!!!

And, beleive it or not, worth every penny :lol:
Hard to describe until you see that bad boy work.

TIM

I guess I'm a cheap arse!!! I buy Tony's butter and garlic injection at Ingles for my turkeys, they come with an injector. I've bought several others and they have all failed. Sometimes more cash is not better?:confused: :eusa_clap :wink:

I inject turykey, chicken, butts, and briskets.

Last edited by a moderator:
butts said:
I guess I'm a cheap arse!!! I buy Tony's butter and garlic injection at Ingles for my turkeys, they come with an injector. I've bought several others and they have all failed. Sometimes more cash is not better?:confused: :eusa_clap :wink:

I've been using my brine pump for over a year with great results. Sometimes the money is worth it.:-D

You cannot inject 200# of pork with a 4oz. short needled injector. :shock: I used the throw aways for a long time and they work fine for one turkey, etc.

For my use, the money was well spent.

i inject butts (no pun intended), and turkeys. also gonna inject my next pork loin.

I inject briskets and butts.
I've been using cheap injectors from Home Depot.
These break often and really drive me nuts.
I need to get something better.

Back