View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Smokehouse View Post
I've done this contest for the last two years. It is a great little contest and has drawn a group of folks that will probably never compete there again. I'm sure most will, but I think changing this to a sanctioned event and throwing out the lamb category will hurt some. I was told by Martha(former orginizer) that Chris was going to most likely take it over. I have also heard that there won't be any room for rv's since there is such limited space and they are having it in thte same place as normal. There is supposed to be gernerators this year and water I heard will be the same plastic tank in the middle of the lot. I guess we'll have to see how it all falls into place. The contest is held on the south end parking lot at the end of the race track. It's a gravekl parking lot and has been holding about 55-57 teams in about 20x20 spots or so.
We've done it 4 out of the last 5 years. Missed it two years ago. We were told no generators, but Lutz BBQ had a generator and a concession trailer there. It was a hot sucker last year wasn't it? That 1/2 mile walk felt like 20.

You are right that this contest sure will change. Sad really.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote