Spice/Rub Vendor

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our attempt to work with an area spice company didn't work out. Apparently, they are not looking for new business right now. :confused:

We have a catering & restaurant group that would like to partner with us on some rub, but we need a vendor. Their business and ours is seasonal, so we won't need huge batches. Right now we are looking for vendors to give quotes.

Anyone know of any businesses near the KC or Columbia, MO area? We know about Original Jaun already. Looking for other options, too.

Thanks.

Plowboy said:
Our attempt to work with an area spice company didn't work out. Apparently, they are not looking for new business right now. :confused:

We have a catering & restaurant group that would like to partner with us on some rub, but we need a vendor. Their business and ours is seasonal, so we won't need huge batches. Right now we are looking for vendors to give quotes.

Anyone know of any businesses near the KC or Columbia, MO area? We know about Original Jaun already. Looking for other options, too.

Thanks.

Todd, get a hold of Two Fat Polocks, I got with them a few months back regarding there supplier for there rubs that they bottle. I havent got to the point yet to do it. Im on a diffrent computer or I would give you the info. Get with them for the details, the prices were real reasonable as well. Hope this helps.

There is a copack in kansas city that does only dry spices, but unfortunatly the name escapes me. I also think there another in north kansas city.

You might try these guys......they are located in Parkville, MO.

Backyard Bash is Kansas City's year-round barbeque headquarters. Our diverse products include premium commercial and backyard smokers and grills, with a selection of commercial pull-behind and catering grills available for rental.
In addition, Backyard Bash has a large selection of locally made barbeque sauces, rubs, and other gourmet food items, as well as barbeque accessories, smoking wood, cookbooks, aprons, kitchen towels, collegiate items and more.
email: beth@backyardbashkc.com
phone: 816-587-9990
web: http://www.backyardbashkc.com

smknwhlswife said:
You might try these guys......they are located in Parkville, MO.

Backyard Bash is Kansas City's year-round barbeque headquarters. Our diverse products include premium commercial and backyard smokers and grills, with a selection of commercial pull-behind and catering grills available for rental.
In addition, Backyard Bash has a large selection of locally made barbeque sauces, rubs, and other gourmet food items, as well as barbeque accessories, smoking wood, cookbooks, aprons, kitchen towels, collegiate items and more.
email: beth@backyardbashkc.com
phone: 816-587-9990
web: http://www.backyardbashkc.com
Interesting place Kim, but never heard of Parkville, MO. Is it in North KC up by the airport?

The easiest way to do it is to use ICA or Ingregients Corporation of America in Memphis, Tenn. Simply go to their website get their phone number and call them. The gentlemen we worked with at ICA was Tom West. They need a sample of your rub which will be sent to a lab to be analyzed and formulated. They will make a sample and send it to you for tasting. Once you ok the taste and texture, you decide on packaging and they will give you pricing. Provide your labeling and you are ready to go.

Parkville, MO

Bigdog said:
Interesting place Kim, but never heard of Parkville, MO. Is it in North KC up by the airport?

Parkville is a nice little quiet river town north of KC, but not as far as the airport. They have a great pizza place (rivals our Columbia MO Shakespears) and a nice little brewpub/resturaunt. It is about 5 miles north of the KC Municipal Airport (Downtown airport). My sister-in-law and her husband live up there.

ronnyballgame said:
Parkville is a nice little quiet river town north of KC, but not as far as the airport.

Like he said.....I live 5 mins from the Kansas Speedway and Parkville is 15-20 mins northeast of me. Neat little town....lots of crafty stores, good food, and a little college town - Park University

smknwhlswife said:
Like he said.....I live 5 mins from the Kansas Speedway and Parkville is 15-20 mins northeast of me. Neat little town....lots of crafty stores, good food, and a little college town - Park University

Going to head there tomorrow with my oldest son. God help my debit card.:shock:

Plowboy said:
Going to head there tomorrow with my oldest son. God help my debit card.:shock:

Todd-
Just read your post... if you are looking for a place to produce your rub, Backyard Bash isn't it. They are a retail storefront - you might be able to sell it there. Planters in river market might be able to produce your rub, they do bulk spices, and rubs. I believe they will take your recipe and produce it in bulk for you...

HoDeDo said:
Todd-
Just read your post... if you are looking for a place to produce your rub, Backyard Bash isn't it. They are a retail storefront - you might be able to sell it there. Planters in river market might be able to produce your rub, they do bulk spices, and rubs. I believe they will take your recipe and produce it in bulk for you...

Thanks for the Planters tip. I was planning to head to Backyard Bash for something to do tomorrow with my son, Michael.

Great thread y'all. I think ICA may be exactly what I've got in mind for my garlic powder and future garlic based rubs.

Doesnt look like they do marinades. Do you know if they do, Guy?

ICA looks interesting. I'll try to get the skinny on Planters Wharehouse and supply - and thier program and post here as well.

Plowboy said:
Thanks for the Planters tip. I was planning to head to Backyard Bash for something to do tomorrow with my son, Michael.

That will be a fun time. They have some different grills to look at too... they sell Hasty-bake, Primo, and some others. As well as some pellet poopers and Tuckers, if I recall.

If you come out to the legends area, by the speedway/Cabela's come by and have a beer and some cuban pork Pasole. It's a great soup, and I'm makin a big pot right now. :twisted:

We also learned of Old Town near Robert's dairy. Phil Hopkins of Smoking Guns has his rub done there. So I think we'll call Old Town, Planters, and ICA to get some quotes.

HoDeDo said:
That will be a fun time. They have some different grills to look at too... they sell Hasty-bake, Primo, and some others. As well as some pellet poopers and Tuckers, if I recall.

If you come out to the legends area, by the speedway/Cabela's come by and have a beer and some cuban pork Pasole. It's a great soup, and I'm makin a big pot right now. :twisted:

Dang, we were going to go to Cabela's after the Bash today. Got my Christmas lights up this afternoon. Couldn't even get to the rules meeting tonight. I figured Jeff would have the scoop for us.

Back