View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #42
Jonny Rotisserie
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
That's so cool! I just checked one of mine and it's sitting at Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #9,000,622 in Books (See Top 100 in Books) It was just under #10,000,000 yesterday, so you'd better watch out Jonny, I'm catching up on you! I'm wondering who would be crazy enough to pay the $87.50 for a Kindle edition of a book.
Gore, what are your books? I am guessing the one you mentioned is a print edition as A) I thought the cap on Amazon's eBook pricing was $9.99 B) the ranking number you mentioned--I think when I started out, the first number I saw was around the 200,000 mark overall among Kindle Paid books (and have made it to as high as around #3400!). I am speculating that for the time being there are fewer e-books than print ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will work for bbq View Post
That's even better than coming in 223rd.
Interesting comparison! I have to say, as excited as I am to make it on the bestseller list, there was something real special about getting #223. I know I got a LOT more sloshed THAT night. It was such an against-all-expectations moment after an exhausting struggle. Despite everything I have seen and done, that moment remains a true lifetime highlight. (I know all you guys that waltz up and collect the big trophies every couple weeks may find that hard to imagine (especially the guys who look almost grumpy to be receiving yet another gigantic trophy--what's up with that?))

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
So wadda the folks that bought it think? Worth the $2? I mean, I can get a tallboy of PBR for a buck seventy-nine... seems like a better investment...
I can't promise that it's worth more than two bucks or that it will taste any better than the PBR, but it should last longer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Just gave it 5 stars.
Guerry, thank you SO MUCH!! You effectively doubled the number of reviews I had up there. Thanks both for the kudos and for making the effort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
"...Granted, the amount I had eaten didn't add up to much more than a chicken squirt..."
Boy, you have really been reading ahead! I am smiling that out of the whole book, that is the one quote you picked out. As embarrassing as it is, I was kind of fond of that reference, but wasn't sure if people would get what I meant. I guess you did!

--Jonny Rotisserie

Thanks from: --->