Real Carnitas.....pics

Pugi-

Man this thread DELIVERS the goods! :thumb:

Thanks for the post and...

I wanna party with you guys! :mrgreen:

This was cool. I kept the thread up in between the updates so I didn't miss anything, except of course tasting it.

IMHO, anyone who eats meat and would be offended by pics of an animal being carefully slaughtered and painstakingly cleaned, butchered, prepared, and enjoyed like this is WAY too out of touch with their food and just a LITTLE off their rocker to begin with. As for the rest of us (chanting building to a deafening roar) "PUGI, PUGI, PUGI, PUGI!!!!" And the crowd goes WILD!!!!

The process, the food, the tradition, great eats, family, friends, fun, reverence - you got it all right here brother! Thanks again for the thread - it really is a thing of beauty. I'd love to see/participate in this kind of a cook one day - this is what it's all about! :thumb:

Who has to clean the pot? :heh:

Pugi,

What a great cook!:clap:

How do you guys cook your chicken?

Can you do a thread on that next?

Awesome thread! Here in Texas there is nothing better than a carnitas taco with cilantro, onions, and a squeeze of lime, with a shot of salsa verde!

This was one of the best threads on here so far, thanks for the documentation, it looked soo good.:-D

Thanx for all the great comments everyone. I hoped to show the process. A process that is usually guarded as much as your secret rub. Not joking. So you can make it but don't tell them how ;-)

WOW!! What an AWESOME thread! Thank you very much for sharing this with all of us. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

WOW!!! HOW THE FARK DID I NEVER SEE THIS THREAD! That's what it's all about right there. We haven't done this in a long time! I think I need to locate a pig! Thank you! Brings back really good memories. Specially the Bud Lights! LOL!

A little taste for the chefs, this is the skin. It turns into a gelatinous glob that would stick on the wall if thrown. The taste is wonderfully, the texture is aquired.

utf-8BSU1BRzA1MDguanBn.jpg

Ok, back to the carnitas process....all the fat was cut into cubes and placed in pot with about a gallon of water to help it start rendering. The water will steam off later. We only got about 20 lbs of unrendered fat. Lards on its way....

utf-8BSU1BRzA0NzAuanBn.jpg

Cueritos! YUM!!!! A cazo de cobre is on my list of wants. They are pricey though. That is a thing of beauty!

WOW!!! HOW THE FARK DID I NEVER SEE THIS THREAD! That's what it's all about right there. We haven't done this in a long time! I think I need to locate a pig! Thank you! Brings back really good memories. Specially the Bud Lights! LOL!

Bob, I have no idea how you missed this thread, tending the smoker? To many nightcaps? Either way Im glad you got to enjoy it now. We try and do this a couple times a year. As I believe you know its alot of work, but well worth it. Thank again for all the good comments Brethern. Pugi

Did anyone mention this is an awesome thread? :biggrin: Great job Pugi, thanks for sharing the love.

Sir,

An awesome thread, thank you for all your work. :clap:

I hope that you have a happy new year.

Mike

Back