Non-BBQ party food

cpw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
We're having our company pot luck Christmas party on Friday, and I'm looking for any ideas for side dish/appetizer type things that don't require smoking. I'm open to pretty much anything quick and easy.

Thanks!

Chad

PS..someone has already signed up for buffalo chicken dip

Is there such a thing?

Seriously, try something like crawfish dip. Or a shrimp and mushroom casserole which can also double as a dip. Think out of the (fire)box.

Ham & biscuits, or, if that doesn't work, try biscuits & ham. :thumb:

How about an Italian Style Pasta Salad. The one I make doesn't use mayo and every time I bring it, people ask me for the recipe. These are rough estimates the only thing I know exactly is 1 box of pasta.

1/4- 1/2 lb thick cut pepperoni
1/4 - 1/2 lb thick cut salami
1/2 triangle asiago cheese
1 small or 1/2 medium onion (I use sweet onions but if you like red onion you can use that or even white onion)
1 green pepper
1 medium cucumber
4-5 roma tomatos (you can use different style tomatos like 1-1.5 steak tomatos etc)
basil (about 5-7 big leaves)
oregano (about a teaspoon and a half of chopped fresh oregano)
1 box of multi color rotini
small bottle of sun dried tomato vinegarette
grated/shredded parmesan romano blend (or you can just use parmesan)

Cook pasta to al dente and drain
Finely dice the veggies, salami and pepperoni, and asiago cheese
chop the basil and oregano and add to the diced ingredients

Mix in pasta with the diced ingredients and add the salad dressing to taste. Also salt and pepper to taste as well.

Before serving, sprinkle the grated parmesan over the top. Or serve with parmesan on the side so that people can sprinkle it on themselves.

I like Rotel Dip with Jimmy Dean Sausage and Tortilla Chips!.. Brown the jimmy dean sausage on the stove top similiar to ground beef style.. then throw it in the crockpot with some 2% Velvetta cheese and a can of the Rotel tomatoes.. or dice up some fresh tomatoes small with one jalepeno.. Good Eating!!

Recently I've done a couple of good soups: roasted butternut squash and a Bennigan's style baked potato soup. I'm doing a Harvey Wallbanger cake tonight - how can you go wrong with a cake that has vodka and Galliano in the cake and glaze. Pig shots and pig candy don't have to be smoked. ABT's can also be made without smoke and use jalapenos and sweet peppers for variation and color. A nice baked brie with brown sugar and toasted almonds usually goes over well.

Have you thought about ribs. People really seem to like them boiled and baked. You could also do some crock-pot pulled pork. :becky:

I don't think that would fly around here. 3 of us are on a comp team, and the rest of the office has had leftovers several times.

This will blow their sox off and is about as easy as it gets to make. Trust me!!!

Jalapeno Dip

Ingredients:
2 bricks of Cream Cheese
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 can of corn with juice
1 small can of chopped olives
Pickled Jalapeno slices finely chopped. Start with 4 and add more if needed. (I usually use many more & add a bit of the pickle juice. But I like it warmer than most.)

Directions:
Soften the cream cheese and mix everything together. Serve with Tortilla Chips.

Here a good one...

CHIPPED BEEF DIP
Printed from COOKS.COM
1 c. sour cream
2 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/4 lb. dried beef, rinsed, dried and minced
2 lg. dill pickles, finely chopped
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 to 3 tsp. horseradish
Dash fresh lemon juice
Dash freshly ground pepper
Combine all ingredients. Age for 24 hours. Serve with rye or whole wheat
crackers.

Here's another...

Hot Sausage Dip...
1 lb Hot Neese’s sausage (cooked and crumbled)
1 can white shoe peg corn drained
2 – 4 oz cans of diced green chilies
½ cup light mayo
Âľ cup Parmesan cheese
Shake of cumin

Mix all together and cook at 350 until bubbly!
Serve with scoops

Quick and easy?

Large can of black beans.
Can of Rotel Tomatoes.
Can of sweet corn.

Dump it all in a pot, and simmer for a while. Works great in a crock pot, too. You can double everything to feed more people.

CD

Bacon Wrapped Saltines! These will be to first to disappear.

donxwj.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
my peeps love this stuff. Always one of the first things to get devoured.

Bean Dip

1.5 lbs hamburger
1 15 oz (or so) Jar of black bean dip. The more heat the better. You can use a can of refried beans and save a couple bucks; just adjust the seasoning to your taste.
4.5 oz taco sauce or salsa(your preference)
1 can bean with bacon soup (Campbells)
1/4 cup brown sugar
(I've adjusted the following looking for the perfect amount of heat. If you go overboard, you can add more brown sugar)
1 tsp granulated garlic (powder or salt will do)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp each tabasco and chili powder to taste
salt to taste

Preparation
Brown hamburger and drain excess grease.
Add remaining ingredients.
Let cook on low heat to blend flavors (at least 1/2 hour)
add water, as needed, if dip is too thick.
You can add additional tobasco and/or chili powder to increase your heat at this point if you wish.

Serve heated with Fritos Corn Chips, preferably Scoops.

• Thanks
I am thinking garlic/cheese balls or a nice pot of chili or beans.
Old fashioned mac and cheese always shine hard too. Google is your friend on this one.

• Thanks
Back