Biggest hot and fast brisket to date

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Got an order for brisket....they wanted the whole thing. Got a 15 pound packer (my biggest to date). Trimmed minimally and seasoned liberally. Put it in the drum at 225 and let her crank up to 325. She bounced between 325 and 350. Foiled when it looked good and starting probing about an hour after that.

Didn't check internal temp at all and pulled her off at about the 5 hour 30 minute mark. She rested about an hour and then sliced her up. Didn't separate the point as I kinda like the big slices the point produces...so does my customer.

Last edited:
Got an order for brisket....they wanted the whole thing. Got a 15 pound packer (my biggest to date). Trimmed minimally and seasoned liberally. Put it in the drum at 225 and let her crank up to 325. She bounced between 325 and 350. Foiled when it looked good and starting probing about an hour after that.

Didn't check internal temp at all and pulled her off at about the 5 hour 30 minute mark. She rested about an hour and then sliced her up. Didn't separate the point as I kinda like the big slices the point produces...so does my customer.

Very nice looking briskie dan, HH is the only way i smoke briskets.

Looks good. So never checked IT? How was the texture?

Looks good. So never checked IT? How was the texture?

Texture was great....probed just like the warm butter everyone talks about. Slices were easily pulled apart. Don't think I will check an internal temp again...doesn't really seem necessary. The probe test is all I care about now....that and having enough alcohol around while cooking.....

it sure does look good, and great time frame for that large of a brisky.

Back