• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Overhaul complete!

Nate4e

Reaction score
Picked this up off of Craigslist for $100:
1323096877.jpg
1323096790.jpg

A few hours with the angle grinder and a couple cans of paint later:
1323636184.jpg

Just need to smoke something now!

Nice work :thumb: I have a automatic search on craigslist just for items like this. With a little time and effort you can turn a good deal into a brand new cooker. Then use it or sell it.

That looks great. You got any pics of the inside?

Nice work :thumb: I have a automatic search on craigslist just for items like this. With a little time and effort you can turn a good deal into a brand new cooker. Then use it or sell it.

Can you tell us more about the automatic search?

NUTZ

Can you tell us more about the automatic search?

NUTZ

I have an app on my phone (Craigslist Notifications) that allows you to enter keywords to search for. If you don't have a smartphone, I believe there are also websites that perform the same function and then email you when a keyword hits.

That looks great. You got any pics of the inside?

Here is the "before" of the inside. I ran over it with the wire brush and gave it a good coat of cooking oil - it wasn't in too bad of shape but I think I'll be looking for some new grates depending on how these clean up.
1323096869.jpg

That's just awesome. You must be a BBQ Hindu because you believe in smoker reincarnation.

Great CL find.
Now get a flat plate of 1/4" steel to go over the firebox for a griddle and you'll be in Fat City!

Nice job! You should send the photos to Southwest Smokers. I'm sure they would be proud.

Here is the "before" of the inside. I ran over it with the wire brush and gave it a good coat of cooking oil - it wasn't in too bad of shape but I think I'll be looking for some new grates depending on how these clean up.

You did great. Even if you can't find some wire grates, you could easily make some from expanded steel.

Thanks everyone! This is actually my first smoker! I wanted a new one but it wasn't in the budget so I bought an old one and made it look like new. I'm very happy with how it turned out and can't wait to use it!

WOW...
I think all of us are looking for a deal like that.
Clean up, touch up, and lite the fire...
You got a bargain.

Back