Bay Area/Norcal Bash Saturday Nov 17th

Yikes! I just finished sending PM's to 50 Nor Cal Brethren regarding this event. It didn't say the date, but it points to the top of the thread!
Marty

A snag might have developed, and would the next Sat the 17th work if I can't unwind the snag. I should know by tomorrow, but wanted to get an idea. Chime in all.

If we need to change it, we will figure it out.

Is Tim cooking the brisket like a hamburger?

A snag might have developed, and would the next Sat the 17th work if I can't unwind the snag. I should know by tomorrow, but wanted to get an idea. Chime in all.
Hi Dave,
If it's the weekend of the 17th I wouldnt be able to make it, its the wife's birthday weekend and if I choose BBQ over that I'll be in BBQ purgatory for awhile :cry:

Can someone describe what the 'bash' is all about and also what someone that might want to attend (such as me) should do or bring? I live less than 10 miles from Livermore and this bash sounds like a fun day. As far as smoking some meat, I have an electric Masterbuilt Smokehouse (MES40) so not sure that this would be something easy to bring along and use. A cooler full of bear would be much easier to bring :-D.

Can someone describe what the 'bash' is all about and also what someone that might want to attend (such as me) should do or bring? I live less than 10 miles from Livermore and this bash sounds like a fun day. As far as smoking some meat, I have an electric Masterbuilt Smokehouse (MES40) so not sure that this would be something easy to bring along and use. A cooler full of bear would be much easier to bring :-D.
I can't imagine a cooler full of bear would be easier to haul that a smoker, but, perhaps it is not a whole bear. Then again, a whole bear would probably require more than one cooler.:mrgreen:

Actually, the Bash is simply a big party, mostly we ask that folks bring something, beer would be fine, there is almost always way too much food. It is really about a bunch of folks who love BBQ getting together and talking Q. I highly recommend attending, as it is a good time. Everything from MOINK balls to a beef tenderloin stuffed with lobster has been made, and then there were the deep fried biscuits stuffed with biscuits and gravy, which, if you haven't actually had a 3BGB, I am sad for you.\

This year, we are moving to a new venue, Dave Bart's new BBQ shop, in Livermore, with a large staging area and parking lot. We will miss the hot beer maidens from Tap 25, but, there will be lots of space.

Maybe we need to have Tim bring some of those hot beer maidens with him, that is if we can pull him away from Tap 25 :mrgreen:.

Maybe we need to have Tim bring some of those hot beer maidens with him, that is if we can pull him away from Tap 25 :mrgreen:.
I would rather not have half of the men in Livermore angry with us.

Since you & your shop are critical for this Dave let us know which date works for you & Deny and we'll work with it.

Is Tim cooking the brisket like a hamburger?

No worries Guerry, I will safely secure and cook a brisket and hopefully we won't have to witness the sight of a ground wagyu brisket again. :wink:

Darn, here I was hoping Tim was going to bring some of his bear maidens so we could cook some well fed meat....

Darn, here I was hoping Tim was going to bring some of his bear maidens so we could cook some well fed meat....
If Tim brings some bare maidens, then all of you married guys are screwed, as will, hopefully, the single guys will be too.

Here's some posts on past bashes in the area (no bear dishes were served):

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94002

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103509

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119494

There's never been a shortage cookers available for use that I can recall so I'd say a cooker is not required. However to be on the safe side we probably should add a list of cookers to the master list of people and dishes. I'm planning on bringing a Small & maybe Mini Egg and there's been a request for a Hasty Bake Gourmet (either mine or Marty's).

Back