Pretty Good BBQ 2013 Dayton, Ohio

Truck loaded except for food and a few lite items.
Hope to be there by 1:00 pm tomorrow. Gotta grab some fuel, ice and a few other items.
See you all tomorrow!

Just filled fresh water tank in truck......I am done ready to roll. Looking at 111am/ noon getting there see you then.

Tell us about that lemon bbq sauce...
jon

That's for another thread, please :-D

And I agree with Roger... Safe travels for all!

I'll let you know if you're there, if not, I'll start another thread.

Truck loaded except for food and a few lite items.
Hope to be there by 1:00 pm tomorrow. Gotta grab some fuel, ice and a few other items.
See you all tomorrow!

The 'Princess' is loaded along with a bunch of sugar maple and three bags of charcoal. Getting personal stuff together now. Oh, and thought I found the banner from our first one but it was the wrong one. Dang.

I plan on being on the road at zero dark thirty in the morning and being there around noon. I am going to need some help getting her off the truck but mostly to guide her.

Last edited:
I am always impressed with all of you who travel so far to do this, and with Curt, who makes time for this every year.

Safe travels and a great cook to you all.

I've got stuff ready for tomorrow, I think, and it's about this time each year that I realize you're all coming to Dayton, again. I'm truly humbled that you're helping us reach out to the community in an area of Dayton that really needs it.

You all provide a huge blessing to my church, the neighborhood, and to me.

I've got stuff ready for tomorrow, I think, and it's about this time each year that I realize you're all coming to Dayton, again. I'm truly humbled that you're helping us reach out to the community in an area of Dayton that really needs it.

You all provide a huge blessing to my church, the neighborhood, and to me.

Curt, my friend, it's you that is the blessing. You give so much to not only to the area, but to us.

Remember the quote from a couple of years ago...

"Why do you all do this?", "Because a friend asked...."

It's you that started all this, we just kinda fill in the blanks.

Well, we'll just have to all bless Dayton then. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

Curt, my friend, it's you that is the blessing. You give so much to not only to the area, but to us.

Remember the quote from a couple of years ago...

"Why do you all do this?", "Because a friend asked...."

It's you that started all this, we just kinda fill in the blanks.

Since you put it that way...

Curt, its all your fault... of willingness. :thumb:

It keeps improving... Weather is now supposed to be cloudy and cool, only a 10% chance of rain!

No portapotty this year again, sorry... But I do have a metal trash can with lid for ashes tomorrow. We should have guys there throughout to help, especially with unloading and loading.

Don't start setting up until I'm there!

We are in Lebanon this morning. Hogs breath is going to show us around town some, and then we'll be on our way (he's gonna show us his med-flight choppers). Be in Dayton 1:00ish.

I'm taking my wife to Starbucks to enjoy a coffee, getting some last minute stuff, then heading to the church.

Again, please don't set up until someone from the church (me) gets there. I don't want us to pile into one spot, and we need to set up a certain way to be ready for tomorrow.

I only reiterate this because I say it every year, then show up, and you all have already piled up together! :)

Thanks for another great event. We had fantastic weather (even if Pat was cold), and everything was well cooked.

The sad things are that 1. more people that wanted to be there weren't able to be there, 2. the police were so busy doing stuff that they weren't able to stop by.

The great things are that 1. I got to spend time with some of the best people I know, 2. a neighborhood of people that are only told how useless they are were instead told that someone cares enough to show them God's abundance for them.

I'm truly blessed by you all.

Well, I made it home and am about to take my shower.

Drive was uneventful, except for the truck that blew a tire one lane away and the RV fire that shut down 65 for about 30 minutes.

I am very blessed to have the BEST friends a person can have......I love you all.

Love you too bro. Get that back better!

Curt, thank you again for putting this all together. For me this year it allowed me to think of others rather than the issues of the last month.

My brothers, seeing you all was just what I needed. You never know how much you miss your friends until you see them after a long while. I promise that I'll check in to our site more often.

Back