View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
Paulmark
is One Chatty Farker

Default Smoked Turkey Ravioli three ways

The other day I smoked a turkey on an ECB I came across. I decided to do ravioli. As I was making them my son asked if it was ok that he had invited his girlfriend over because she loved ravioli. That inspired me to put on the dog and I decided to do them three ways along with salad and garlic bread. I ended making 12 dozen so I got to freeze a bunch for later.
Started out with eggs, 2 flours,salt, and olive oil.

Put all the ingredients in my mixer with a dough hook and mixed until it formed a ball.

I covered with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 min.

I ran the ingredients for the filling through my food processor.

I used the plastic half tblsp. to form the filling. Note the difference between the two doughs one was perfect and the other was kind of loose and not firm. No big deal you just have to add more flour as you run it through the pasta machine.

Rolled out the pasta, made a egg yoke and water mix. Brushed the pasta with the egg and set the filling on it, folded, crimped them taking care to not leave air pockets.

Dust them with flour, put 'em on a tray and freeze, then bag 'em.

This is the only one I ate today..had to try em, but as always I'm hardly ever hungry after doing major prep..these took 6 hrs or two football games.

Ingredients for the 3 ways, brown butter and sage; alfredo with sun dried tomatoes; and red sauce I made a week ago.

Dinner assembled, pasta, salad, bread...yes my son reaped the benefits. It’s all good though. I told him I used to be a magic chef, he asked what I meant and I told that when I used to cook for girlfriends it would make their panties disappear.
Paulmark is offline   Reply With Quote