Building a 42" Brick Pizza Oven & Grill.

V-Wiz - I am inspired! My pre-moulded concrete Pizza Oven has never lived up to my expectations, and seeing a proper brick one built convinces me that I am right in getting mine re-done. I don´t have the skills like you to do it myself, but there are plenty of Italian Brazilians who have kept the craft alive here in Sao Paulo, with wood-fired Pizza ovens being common in restaurants here.

Fantastic work - looks amazing. I hope this thread runs and runs so we can see some photos of the gastronomic events that take place in this space you have made.

What an unbelievable set up! Love to build this at the house. Your very talented!

Looks amazing...

Where did you find the tin lamps? they fit in great with the style of the patio and the oven

If I had that patio setup, I would dwell there. Without pants. It is that awesome.

Edit: And I don't mean that in a superficial/pervy kindof way. Seriously, no pants.

Wow, simply amazing. Where in LA are you? I'm in Santa Clarita and would love to see this in person some day. Truly a masterpiece

Thanks alot guys, CambuiAl, you should definitely build one, don't let mine overwhelm you, you can go small and still be cooking great meals.

pyrotech, the lamps were sources off Ebay, from time to time they come up, sometimes more than they are worth but you keep looking.

KnucklHed, thats too funny, i cant wait to put some outdoor furniture and just hang out.

Kevin, im in Sunland Tujunga area. We can arrange something.

Hey gang, ive been MIA for some time now. I thought i drop in and post some photos of some goodies i made in the past month.

Made some chile, started out with grass fed shank, lots of beans, 2 1/2 heads of garlic, one whole onion, turmeric, cayenne pepper and alot more i cant remember right now.

2ptw8sh.jpg

Into the Italian made clay pot

107uj35.jpg

dy9h6v.jpg

2u8dvd5.jpg

23i9id1.jpg

29ag3q.jpg

2dliyjn.jpg

2rxjsyt.jpg

Bread the next morning

208u2rp.jpg

Glad to see you back posting an update! Everything looks great, especially the bread!

Wow...

Long time for sure. Everything looks great bro.

The food and the oven look great! Vwiz,

It's about time for a "night shot", don't you think :thumb:. Anyone teetering on the edge of building a WFO will slide right on over, if you show that fine oven all lit up at night with a fire in it :biggrin1:.

With some candles on the tables, and maybe some dim ambient lighting.
Oh yea.....I'll just close my eyes now....Mmm....

Love it when V-wiz gives updates to this epic thread! :thumb: That pr0n looks awesome! Dem shorties!!!!! :drool:

Wow. New poster here.

When I saw the first few post I had no earthly idea what you had envisioned; this is honestly amazing!

Thanks alot guys, really appreciate it. I definitely dont use the oven as much as i would like to, but when i do i think to myself how it was worth every minute we put into it.

im going to use the oven for Easter dinner so i will take some night shots, along with all the food. Stay tuned. Oh and ill try to not forget the candles :)

Amazing and inspiring as always V! I just ate, and I'm hungry again. Good to see the oven still cooking!

Kinda glad this thread popped back up, it is one of my favorites for sure. This one and the thread about starting your own restaurant. two very different and very successful "builds" if you will.

Incredible work right there, just beautiful. Would love to see some evening and night shots when it is in use.

KC

Back