Which west coast offense rub on wings?

cpw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I bought the BPS west coast offense pack late last year, so I have a ton of rubs I need to use. I also have a contest this weekend that has a wing contest on Friday night. Anyone have a favorite that I should use on the wings? I plan on smoking them for an hour or so, and then frying to crisp up. I was thinking of saucing them with a sweet mustard sauce as well, but that may change.

You can't go wrong with a base of Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy, maybe top that rub with BPS Desert Gold is that was in the pack. Also, SM Cherry with BPS Money underneath.

I do a two part rub, letting the first rub melt in, then topping with the second rub.

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
You can't go wrong with a base of Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy, maybe top that rub with BPS Desert Gold is that was in the pack. Also, SM Cherry with BPS Money underneath.

I do a two part rub, letting the first rub melt in, then topping with the second rub.

Haven't used the desert gold yet, I'll have to try it. I have to cook 20 pounds of wings, so I don't know if a two layer rub is in the cards. Maybe just for the judge's wings.

oh, that's a lot of wings.

Change of recommendation! Go with a single layer of rub. I find that SM rubs tend to be on the sweet side, and benefit from a more savory rub being mixed in. I like to use a rub like BPS Money, or The Rub Company BBQ Original. Mixing these in about 25% total by weight to the SM Cherry is a great thing. Then I add about 10% more black pepper medium grind and a touch of cayenne or arbol powder. One rub to win them all!

• Thanks
oh, that's a lot of wings.

Change of recommendation! Go with a single layer of rub. I find that SM rubs tend to be on the sweet side, and benefit from a more savory rub being mixed in. I like to use a rub like BPS Money, or The Rub Company BBQ Original. Mixing these in about 25% total by weight to the SM Cherry is a great thing. Then I add about 10% more black pepper medium grind and a touch of cayenne or arbol powder. One rub to win them all!

That sounds like it could be a winner right there. Thanks!

Light layer of Season All then some Sweet and Spicy works for me.

• Thanks
Back