• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New TQ Smoker & road trip (PRON)

The Pig's Blanket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well I sold my smoker Monday and even though I had made a short list of smokers I was in a panic. I had a great smoker that I loved but I wanted something a little bigger. Here was my short list Jacks Old South Whole hog cooker, Cadillac Cooker 36X60 and a Tuscaloosa 30X80(all used). So I did what any man would do I let my wife pick look at all three and give me her input:wacko:.... She Chose the Tuscaloosa 30X80 and she said "Hands down one of the best looking smokers you have showed me" It was for sale here on the Brethern. I got ahold of bbqwilly and told him I wanted his smoker he was kind enough to volunteer to meet me in Knoxville which saved me 4 hours drive time total. Saturday morning I loaded up the family and hit the road for a 8 hour round trip journey for my new smoker!! I must say after looking at this smoker in person My wife made the right choice!! Love the quality and the whole look of my new smoker! Stay tuned for some more pics as I have a few plans for paint oon her. Thanks bbqwilly and thanks TQ for a wonderful looking smoker!!

bbqwilly on left me on right

On the way back home we stopped in Berea KY and had lunch with the owners on my favorite BBQ sauce Bob and Sallie Blount of Le Bayou BBQ Sauce. I tell everyone that its a small mom and pop company well here is mom and pop! Great people and a great sauce. I included a facebook link for them at the bottom if anyone wants more info. :becky:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/LeBayou-Gourmet-Foods/117550528271119

Thanks brother to both you and Will heck I am on the good end of the stick too. Me and Will have plans in the making for the new smoker I am going to build him. It is gonna be a big un!!!!!!

Back