• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Announcing a Pretty Good BBQ 2010

Derek,
to soak everything in, you really need to get there Saturday afternoon and plan on staying up all night with everyone. You will get a wealth of information and experience from a whole bunch of good cooks w/ a variety of cooking equipment. It may help you decide what kind of cooker you actually want to buy.
Sorry I can't make it this year.

Scott
That's what I'll probably end up doing. However I will be coming a day early it will be a long trip and I need to rest the night before!

Bubba, Mike and I drove in a motorhome last year, took us about 3.5 hrs if I remember right from the Detroit area.
Add about 3 hrs on from Traverse and you should be fine leaving Saturday about 8-9 am. That puts you there late afternoon when everyone is setting up.

Have fun
Scott

Ya know, if Derek wants to come down on Friday and be all rested so he can unload and set up all of our equipment on Saturday, that's fine with me!!!!

Ya know, if Derek wants to come down on Friday and be all rested so he can unload and set up all of our equipment on Saturday, that's fine with me!!!!

Planning on driving down Friday... a 10 hour drive would kill me if I had to drive, set-up, and cook same day.

He can unload my trailer too.... j/k :becky::becky:

Dont have to bring a cooker you can help.......You can help me learn how to cook

I would love to do it. Let me see if I can get that Friday off? Anyone going through chattanooga that I could ride with? Do we all need to bring cookers or could I just help?

How the events are ran-----

Curt and patrick back up a truck with 1,200lb of meat in the bed and say here it is..........and somehow it all gets cooked.

For the first time around I'm going to eat not cook, I like to see the events are ran. But if you give me an apron and a chef's I may help out a bit....

How the events are ran-----

Curt and patrick back up a truck with 1,200lb of meat in the bed and say here it is..........and somehow it all gets cooked.

Roger's got it right! :)

Actually, it won't be as bad this year. We're only doing 700-750 lbs of meat this year, instead of 1200.

Yeah what Roger said and I know there are pictures floating around to prove it!

Scott

I'm ready... almost. I have to call to get a better quote on tshirts, but should have the price tomorrow!

I am definately in. How does the timeline work? Show up in the early afternoon and help set up and then help cook?

Here's what to expect:

To bring:

• Anything you want for your 'site'. EZ ups, tables, etc.
  • Rubs and sauce for a lot of pork and brisket. Figure on cooking anywhere from 50-75 pounds of meat.
  • Whatever ingredients you need for MOINK balls and ABTs
  • Anything else you want to share food-wise with others
  • If you'd like to do a demo of something to the men that will be helping, whatever is needed for that
  • sleep stuff if you're going to sleep
  • Garnish for a brisket box and pork box; we'll do one of each and average the scores. I will provide the turn in boxes.
Timeline is:

• Show up sometime after noon on Saturday, May 15. Guys should be available to set up.
  • Serve around noonish on Sunday
Other than that, we'll be fixing stuff for dinner on Saturday, too, but I've got that covered.

I'm sure just about anyone can use a helper. If you want to enter the MOINK ball or ABT contest, bring that, though; I'm sure we can find you room on a smoker.

Wow, how have I missed this over the past few years! Sounds like a great time. I am already working all weekend. I will definately need to mark this down for 2011!!!:thumb:

Back