BBQ Dinner with the Awesome's to the highest bidder

Grizzly6

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Our church has an annual Fall Fest with a Live auction to raise money for the church. I was thinking it would be fun to provide some levity to an otherwise rather boring event. So I came up with a day with the awesome's, where a couple of my friends and I would come over to your house with a couple cases of beer and hang out with you while we watch a game and even cheer for your team. Nothing crazy just a couple of hours of "man" time with some cool guys. I was sure we would not get much more than a couple of bucks, but it would provide some laughs and possibly strike a bidding war between some of the wealthy members of the community looking for a fun reason to donate some cash.

Wel this evolved into "the Awesome's" providing a BBQ dinner for up to 15 folks, where we cook the food and then come over to your house, hang out, watch some TV and drink some beverages. This came up for bid at the auction and sparked a bidding war ending up garnering $610 for the church, far exceeding our expectations. One the gavel landed and the bidding closed I offered up a second dinner for the person bidding $600 and they excepted. So this stupid idea ended up raising $1200 for the church... I just hope we can deliver at the event to ensure we are able to do this next year.

Really cool idea.....I'm already thinking how we can apply this to our fire department. We sure could use some extra $$. Thanks for sharing....

a8y2y8um.jpg

Great job now get to cooking

sent from my Crifftastic $3

Thanks fella's

I am a little nervouse about the expectations set by those who are willing to spend $600 to have some dudes come to their house with some food and beer. I will let you all know how this works out. I am very pumped about this and really hope it works out so we can do it again next year. The more money for the church the better. I gave them the option of a standing rib roast on the smoker, we'll see if they choose this option or not... if so I will be looking for some advise.

That's pretty "awesome." What are you going to cook?

We are giving them some options. Either pulled pork, Brisket, Ribs or a Prime Rib roast. I am also thinking maybe a fatty or two some chicken or turkey.

It will be up to them what I cook. I am kind of hoping they go with either Brisket or Pulled Pork. I don't have room on the drum to do enough ribs for all, but am more than willing to try :wink:. We are also going to be bringing some sides like mac and cheese, beans and corn bread. Mostly I am in this for the chance to spend a whole day smoking and having fun...

We are also leaving it up to the bidder to determine when they want to do this... I hope they choose either Super bowl sunday or the BCS Championship game. Spending the day drinking beer and hanging out at some wealthy dudes house sounds great to me...

Back